Contact with UK Owners

• HI UK Owners

I would like to have discussions and swop experience with any Uk owners out there.

Please could anyone interested make contact via my email address.

Which is : - john.ferguson42@googlemail.com

Regrads

John

Commander with S88 Littfinski feedback for track monitoring and reed switches.

5 amp booster connected to the CDE port.

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.

• HI Thomas

Thank you for your responce.

I prefer to discuss issues via a telephone rather than by this means.

Neverthe less these are the problems I have but I want to know whether they are bugs or is there something wrong with my Commander.

When I use routes they operate correctly but the points in the track plan are not always changed to represent the direction they have been set. Also the point symbols in index card 4 are sometimes wrong. They can be sound symbols or other types. To correct this you have to resave those points effected but the problem still occurs.

Then when setting up points in index card 4 when you transfer to the track plan to select some points they operate but do not always change on the track plan. Again resaving the point seems to correct this for a time.

Also I need to know what to do when you change from automatic to manual and back again at a later date. Do you reset automatic or just go from automatic to manual and vice versa.

Also I can not see when it is appropriate to use semi automatic mode. It does not seem to have any purpse as the manual seems to say that you can still do manual things during the automatic mode.

My system uses LDT's S88 boards which I have found very reliable. The points are operated by NMRA compatible accessory decoders supplied in kit form by the Model Electronic Railway Group (MERG). These do not provide any feed back. They do not take their power from the track but have a separate power supply. Is this my problem. When I had the ECOS I never had the above problems before.

One thing I have noticed that since we had the 1.070 update the Commander no longer reports when closing down that the data has been corrupted. This is very welcome. Another thing is that there are two ways to shut down. You either get the shut down choice or you hold down the green button until it shuts down. Which is best?

There that is my list.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. A little bit of history is that I returned the Commander recently to the UK supplier as the screen could not be calibrated. This was cured but it might be a symptom of a more fundamental problem.

Regards

John

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.

• Hi John,

to your problem:
    Which symbols are incorrectly indicated in the track plan and route editor index card 4?
    Do the additional functions, turnouts or signals not function?
    Can that false behaviour or no behaviour be reproduced from us?
    Can you more exactly describe that?

A command assigned to a switching track function always consists of two parts! Always enter:
    1. feedback section and
    2. control command

I want to answer a part.
    If you change from automatic to manual and all route commands or operations is not carried out on this route, then manual mode not end this route. If this route is ending, then no routes will started.
    And versa, the routes will first start, when the conditions are fulfilled.
    See you Reference Manual version 1.1 Page 50, too.

I do not see a problem with the LDT's S88 boards. I use the LDT's S88 boards too.

• Hi Thomas

Thank you again.

In index card 4 the symbol for a point or turnout or switch is not always correct. Sometimes it is the symbol for a sound command instead of the one for a point or turnout or switch. Also as I said when setting up a point etc. in index card 4 and transferring to the track plan to select a point to add to the route the point operates but the symbol on the track plan does not always change to show the direction that has been set. Are these bugs?

I have no problem with switching track functions in index card 5 as you describe.

I hope you can answer my remaining points. The language barrier is a major problem unless I can identify a UK user.

Regards

John

• Hi John,

I am sorry. Unfortunately, my english is not good, but I try to find your problems. I hope you find someone out of UK.

Yes, your problem with index card is a bug.

To the track plans:
    Do you use several turnout and switch symbol with same addresses in the track plans? -> You should avoid that.
    Do the turnouts turn on the plant? -> Then this is a problem in the track plan only.

Sometimes that happens.
    Also many other users had that problem too in this forum.
    Set the turnout-symbol on another places in the track plan, then perhaps it functions.
    I have not an other solution.

I hope someone will contact you. Very good luck.

Best regards

• HI Thomas

Since our chat I have found that another owner said as you have said that the problem is caused by double addressing. I now remember trying to have two point switch symbols with the same address to operate two point motors.

That person found the cure was to implement the factory reset, delete the factory installed track plans, delete the feedback modules, and any other devices. Then shut down, wait for a time before startiing up and re-entering manually the track plans, feedback, etc.

This I will do.

Thank you for your assistance it is much appreciated.

Regards

John