1.070 Bugs are rise up(Description)or programmer's sabotage?

• Hello.
    Now i tried to adopt simply Maerklin - Motorolla shuttle exspresses.
    Programm is very simple, but i have a lot of headpain to make it!

Bugs are:

1) Absolute commands cannot work in Maerklin-digital locos:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5606/5475818.6/0_5c209_f5fa9c30_L]

(in DCC locos - works all)

2) "Tandem" loco cannot receive function from main loco:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5606/5475818.6/0_5c205_4b672523_S]
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5708/5475818.6/0_5c207_371da977_L]

3) Specific commands dont works!
    Instead - this commands works as ZNR commands for Loco-ID

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5606/5475818.6/0_5c20a_9f5e2a27_L]

4) Empty fields at Switching and cancellation pages can have chaotic placeements of any commands and Your loco can do anything that You will hate!

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4408/5475818.6/0_5c208_32378dd7_L]

A) You must fill all emty fields by any comand in aim to avoid chaotic behaviour!
    B) DONT FILL LAST FIELD - this field is responsible for ZNR name translatopn and continuing automation!

5) Virtual contacts cannot be setted up at all!

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4406/5475818.6/0_5c206_ebbb0a40_L]

===================
    CONCLUSION:

Probably Viessmann have sabotage at programmers group!
    1) Quantity of bugs are rising up!
    2) Time of correction are rising UP!
    3) Customer's feedback are damaged!

Please, anybody, tell this information to Viessmann Main Boss!
    You risk to loose this project!

---------
    Vadim

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dear Vadim,

Point 1)
    This is not a bug but an intendend behavior.
    As you should know, the old motorola protocol does not know an absolute direction but only a command which means "change direction".

The new Motorola protocol knows commands to set up both the speed and the absolute direction.

You can read about the specifics of the two Motorola digital formats here: http://spazioinwind.libero.it/scorzoni/motorola.htm#details

Therefore this command you show in your query is only supported within DCC- and Motorola-New-protocol.

Please make sure that your decoder can understand the absolute direction commands, and if it does, please check if you have the right settings for the digital protocol in the Commander Loco editor page 1.

Point 2)
    We support multitraction with the commander - also within Motorola-protocol, which itself does not support this.
    This is achieved by addressing all locos with their normal address. So, if you really need to, you can address the function of every loco.
    However, we will keep in mind to treat the functions in an improved manner as a possible feature for the future, although it may cause many problems because functions between different locos may mean very different things.

Point 3)
    When using routes you must decide in advance which type of addressing you want to use: the relative addressing via train-ID or an absolute address

By the way: you are right, loco 25 in your example never will move: it is set to stop.

Point 4)
    We can not comprehend this effect, perhaps there are too many irregular entries in the routes?

Point 5)

Virtual contacts shall only be used as number 9 and 10, 19 and 20 and so on, because addresses ending in 1-8 are used by the real contacts.
    They are intended, for instance, to start other routes. Therefore it only makes sense to use contacts which are not overwritten by real hardware, which is only true for contact 9 and 10. Please restrict your entries to these contacts.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Viessmann Modelltechnik GmbH

iA Jürgen Meier

• Hello Jürgen !

I m glad to see You again!

Zitat von Jürgen Meier

Point 1)
    This is not a bug but an intendend behavior.As you should know, the old motorola protocol does not know an absolute direction but only a command which means "change direction".The new Motorola protocol knows commands to set up both the speed and the absolute direction.You can read about the specifics of the two Motorola digital formats here: http://spazioinwind.libero.it/scorzoni/motorola.htm#details

Thanks. I firstly encountered with Maerklin Motorolla at my friends in our RZD Museum. But, as to this motorolla loco - i used newly manufactured Maerklin ICE-3/ Sapan with preinstalled MFX new decoder, but this forementioned commands cannot work! I tried all motorolla formats setted up for shis train at decoder page. But newer works with absolute commands. Probably this new MFX ICE 3 decoder failed?

Zitat von Jürgen Meier

Point 2)
    We support multitraction with the commander - also within Motorola-protocol, which itself does not support this.
    This is achieved by addressing all locos with their normal address. So, if you really need to, you can address the function of every loco.However, we will keep in mind to treat the functions in an improved manner as a possible feature for the future, although it may cause many problems because functions between different locos may mean very different things.

Thanks, Jurgen.
    But if one can have a multitraction, he think using analogous locos with analogous meanings of function.
    ZNR field cannot translate 2 names simultaneously In present firmware. Therefore i cannot address 2 locos without multitraction at auto mode. Multitraction can only translate motion commands to slave loco, but cannot translate functions. It's true as for DCC-DCC, as for other combination.
    Moreover, at "on the way" page You have no more than 3 pair of commands. It's too small value! I cannot stop 2 locos precisely.
    (i use 3 commands for precise stopping: at Beginning Contact: 1)- LocoIdSMini, and at the End Contact: 2) LocoIdSStop 3) LocoId-F4- = ON(shunting smooth behaviour). )
    I also note, that for Motorolla (new) only F1-F4 can be translated. F5 and other function cannot pass to loco.(it cancerns forementioned Maerklin ICE-3 with decoder, which i used and tested)

Zitat von Jürgen Meier

Point 3)
    When using routes you must decide in advance which type of addressing you want to use: the relative addressing via train-ID or an absolute address
    By the way: you are right, loco 25 in your example never will move: it is set to stop.

Ok. May be , it's worth for next firmware to make fully workable specific route, as i mentioned in "wunche" section?
    Also it's worth to allow sending command for locos with absolute numbers.
    Also allow to make a clear menu for appointed by cursor ZNR field. Now we can attach a loco, but cannot clear it manually. As i understood, absolute commands works if ZNR is clear. But how to clear it?

Zitat von Jürgen Meier

Point 4)
    We can not comprehend this effect, perhaps there are too many irregular entries in the routes?

Yes, loco can do many unprogrammed rough motions back and forvard (times - to times - it's not predictable).It seems that empty fields in switching and cancellation page have hiddenn commands, which can appear spontaneously, or remains after deletion.(seems as deleted) Therefore I fill these all (except last fields) fields witl light command(F0=On). But the last field being filled - stopps all autoomation and ZNR translation of names. Probably this field have cross-section with another internal variable in program. Moreover, when i scroll commands - command symbols (icons of turnouts, etc.) - changes spontaneously at switching pages.

Zitat von Jürgen Meier

Point 5)
    Virtual contacts shall only be used as number 9 and 10, 19 and 20 and so on, because addresses ending in 1-8 are used by the real contacts.
    They are intended, for instance, to start other routes. Therefore it only makes sense to use contacts which are not overwritten by real hardware, which is only true for contact 9 and 10. Please restrict your entries to these contacts.

Ok. I know it, therefore I tried to setup virtual contact 10 at switching field of other route, and insert contact 10 for activation condition for another route, but it seems as not working. This contact did not change.

===========
    Vadim