Viessmann Controller 5300

• Hello..
    Please is there anyone who can give me there feedback/comments on the 5300 controller and the GBS panel..
    it's very difficult to find anyone who has one in the UK.
    Thanks
    Puzzler.. ;)

• I am afraid I cannot help you, but having recently purchased a Commander, I have written to Viessmann asking for more details in English, as my German is not very good.
    The English version:

http://www.viessmann-commander…Start_92373_01_EN_web.pdf

is ok, but does not go into enough details. I have problems with getting locs back to run when I have put them into the system. I have more than a dozen locs, but can't find them. I can't get rid of locs that are on the system from before. And I haven't even started with putting points in.
    I had hoped that someone in Viessmann had enough knowledge in the English language that Questions/answers could be translated from German.
    We can always hope.
    best wishes from Bjorn in Norway

• Hello Bjorn.

That's not very good of Viessmann, and it's not doing their reputation any good whatsoever.
    I was thinking of buying the Commander but changed my mind and went for the Dynamis, on this it's easy to find your loco's.

Puzzler..
    England

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Puzzler,
    Hello Bjorn,

I think the referenz manual will be translated in english. But it makes no sense to translate it until it is finished. Till then it is the best way to ask your questions in the forum or the send me an email with your problem and I will help in that way.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Puzzler,

the GBS panel is a new item of this year. It will be available in the late autumn this year.

It panel consists of separate fields which contains different track symbols like the track diagramm in the Commander. There are field which have no function e.g. strait track and bumper tracks. Other field can be illuminated for the route signalisation and feedback of the track sections. The fields for switches and semaphores can show the actual state of them and you can control and switch them with the button on them. Additionally there are some special fields for buildings, tunnels and so on.

The fields have a dimenstion of 22x22mm each. You can insert them in a grid module with 4 x 8 fields. These grid moduls can be aranged in bigger groups.

The fields with a function must be connetec to a control module (no. 5308 or 5307). This control module can operate up to 16 function fields. The fields without a function do not need to be connected to the control module. The control module will ensure the connection between the field and the Commander.

• Hi Bjorn.. why don't you come and join.. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Viessmann-Halt/
    Puzzler..