Operating turnouts/points in manual mode

• Dear Jurgen Meier

When I use the touch screen to operate turnouts/points in manual mode I can only do this by touching the bottom area only of the touch box area for points at the top of the screen.

The remaining area of the operating box zone is inactive.

No amount of calibrating the screen can cure this problem.

1. Is this unique for my system?

2. If not can this be cured at the next update please?

Regards

John Ferguson

Commander with S88 Littfinski feedback for track monitoring and reed switches.

5 amp booster connected to the CDE port.

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.

• Offizieller Beitrag

dear John,
    it's not a part of update for the Commander Software.
    These regions are critical on a display.
    This effect on a Display item, is a failure.
    Please make a complete Kalibration with Navigator and Display again.
    minimum in 3 mm distance to the Dispaly boarder should the Display react to your settings.

• Thankyou.

I will try this out.

Regards

John

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.

• Thankyou.

I will try this out.

Regards

John

• Dear Jurgen

I have calibrated the navigator and the display many times without achieving a satisfactory solution.

At the moment the turnout/point area is operated by touching the screen just below the area for their operation. In other words outside the area. This was necessary as otherwise no operation was possible. I achieved this by touching the two uppermost yellow circles in the display calibration screen at the bottom of the outer circle. Touching the centre of these circles results in no operation being possible.

I did succeed somehow in operating the turnouts/points by touching the screen to the right of the operating area but went back to the above solution as preferred.

I suspect that my calibration of the navigator may be the problem.

My method is to get the 4 blue dots to appear then to position the orange dot with the navigator at the centre of the white cross.
    Then still holding the navigator after it has been pressed at that position I wait for the blue dot to move to the centre before pressing the navigator again.

Is this the correct method?

The question is should the navigator be moved for the second time it is pressed to position the blue dot centralised over the white cross or do the orange and blue dots have to overlap in some way?

Have you tested your Commander to see whether it performs satisfactorily?

Regards

John

• Hi John

You may be interested to know that I have not encountered this problem with my commander. I have at long last managed to install the Digitrax point decoders to the Kato points and they are all working. It took a long time because I had to wait for the decoders from DCC Supplies, and then persuade my long-suffering husband to do the wiring for me. It all works pretty well, now I just have to try to set up the routes.

I'm having less joy with the PC Interface though. I got the cable to make the physical connections, but the interface does not seem to recognise the commander. It ought to work, but will have to experiment further.

Regards
    Jose

• Hi Jose

Your information about the problem with my Commander is most useful.

The PC interface I use is the Lenz LI-USB device which works fine on the LSB XpressNet connection.

However the FTDI drivers will interfere with the similar drivers used for the backup programme. Hence I use another PC for the backup.

Regards

John

• Offizieller Beitrag

The question is should the navigator be moved for the second time it is pressed to position the blue dot centralised over the white cross or do the orange and blue dots have to overlap in some way?
    yes than press the navigator button. the commander store this data.

• Dear Jurgen

I have tried out your suggestions without success.

I have to accept that my system has a slight fault.

I can operate the turnouts/points by touching the area immediately below the area defined for their use.

Regards

John