Starting new with Commander

I have about 20 locs which I have put on the programming track. After having registered the locs, I place them on the main track. Some work, some don't. What am I doing wrong?

I know only 8 locs can be on the main board at anyone time, how can I best recall the locs I want? And how do I do to get locs on the right hand side, and on the left? (4 + 4)

I have problems with some locs which have 4 digits DCC numbers (i.e. 1042). Is it not possible to have large numbers?

Is it possible to delete locs from the loc library?

This is the starting questions, there may be more when I put points and return into the system.

I run N-scale and use Zimo and ESU decoders.

Best wishes from Björn

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Björn,

1) This might be a problem with some multi-protocoll decoders. These may not work properly if they get a motorola and a dcc-command at the same time. In this case you should set the decoder setting in that way that the decoder accepts dcc-commands only.

2) If you select the picture of the loco control the loco-list will open. Select the new loco you want to control in list using the navigator or you finger and then accept your choice with a navigator click or if you touch on the name of the loco on the right side in the list.

3) It is possible to use long numbers. You can use all DCC-addresses from 1 up to 9999. The setting of the cv 1, 17, 18, and 29 are programmed automatically if you swicht from a short to a long number.

4) Of course it is possible. Therefore enter the loco editor on the last page. On this page there are the four loco list on the left side and the loco database on the right side. If you want to remove a loco from the database make sure that the loco ist not active on one of the loco conrols. Remove the loco from the loco list by selecting it with the navigator in the loco list and pressing the button "P". After that you can delete the loco by pressing the button "X".