COMMANDER 2 versus 1 QUESTIONS.

• Hello!

I still a big Fan of Commander 1, because it's a single boxed control with applicable capabilities.

In aim to improove train control i have some wishes for Commander 2:

Are this features will be added to Commander 2?

HARDWARE:

1) Will ability to adjust S88 speed faster be integrated ?

2) Will Independent DCC Accessory Output (which will be "ON" while short circuit on RAIL output) be implemented?
    (aim: for example: to restore wrong turnout positions in hidden area... )

3) Will More dependable capasitive touchscreen be instead?

Software:

1) In Route Programming : Will "ON THE WAY" contact action expanded for multiple commands ?

2) Will Ability for precise smooth loco stop using second contact for end feedback will be implemented?

3) Will Bug when automatic continue working at short circuit be resolved?

------------
    Vadim

• Hi Vadim

I agree with the additional facilities that should be included in the Commander 2.

A separate bus connection for accessories so that when a mistake is made with a route and a short is produced because a turnout is wrongly set the turnout can be moved to elimate the short.

Again when a mistake is made and the system stops due to a short the Automation mode must be able to recover.

Yes more contacts in the “on the way” section would be very useful.

My understanding Vadim is that the Commander 2 will not have a touch screen. It relies for the display on other connected devices but these could have a touch screen like a laptop.

Regards

John

Commander with S88 Littfinski feedback for track monitoring and reed switches.

5 amp booster connected to the CDE port.

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.

• Hallo Vadim and John.

the commander 2 has no screen.
    You can connnect all (what has a screen) incl. touchscreen and beamer.
    You also can connect mouse and keyboard.
    For all other questions you must wait for answer from Viessman for
    all what is definitv at the moment.

(My english is not perfect, i hope you understand what i mean.)

Viel Grüße
    Dieter Riethenauer

Commander 1.402, seit 12.07, Fleischm.profigleise N
    Viessmann u. Uhlenbrock Schalt/Magnetartikeldekoder
    Rocco RM 10787 am LSB hinter Viessmann BM 5206,
    Viessmann Booster ECO4, Win 10- 64bit

• Thank you Dieter

Yes we hope Viessmann is listening to our suggestions. It would be a pity if the new Commander 2 did not take on board what Vadim and myself are saying.

John

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.

• Hallo John,

I don`t think so.
    You can all take what has a display. Please read the flyer and the arguments from Viessmann.
    So it is very esiear to change a defekt display. And you can take all displays, you have.
    This is very variabel. The commander 2 has a HDMI-port and you can take yor smatphon, tablet or Laptop too.
    The Screen picture is very sharp, also when you convert from HDMI to VGA.(I have seen it)
    But i think it is better, we wait for more informations, when Viessmann is able to say it definitiv.
    Viessmann will this time say more, when they are sure. That ist better and than there are no speculations.
    Please wait. I know, that the commander will be a very good machine. and you can
    play all dates from c1 to c2 (but not return).
    (You know what I say about my english)

Viel Grüße
    Dieter Riethenauer

• Hi Dieter

I did not make myself clear. I know you can connect many types of display but the Commander console will not have a built in touch screen is how I read the publicity information. You have to connect the devices that provide the display.

John

• Hallo John,

that`s rigth, but why does you need a Display at the commaner, when you can use
    each other Screen? So you can choose what you have or what you like an what quality you want
    and not what p.e.viessmann give you.

But now i think t`s enough. we will see in future what the commander 2 will have all.

Viel Grüße
    Dieter Riethenauer

• I agree.

John