I'm Not Happy.. !!!

• Hi everyone..

I live in England, and I Purchased the Commander hoping that I would be able to use it, so far I have managed to do the updates & even design my own layout on the screen, but that is as far as I can go, Please when are we going to get the English DVD & Instructions? .. I have had this commander for two weeks now, and to date, I still have yet been unable to understand how to run any of my Loco's..
    Also I would like to point out, that the DVD that came with the Commander was pitted & marked, and was totality unplayable, because of this, I was not able to install the USB drivers from this disc because of it's condition, Sorry, but I am not impressed, considering the money I paid for what I thought was A top of the range Controller.
    Paul Garwood
    Grundisburgh
    Suffolk
    England

• Hi Karle.. yes I did download the Quick start manual, but I don't seem to have the symbols that are shown on the Loco control page for sounds, all my buttons are blank with just a line through.
    Also I have noticed that when I change the language to English and save, the next time I switch the commander and I look at the Language section again, I find it has changed back the German.
    Paul..

• Hello Karle - Yes I have the latest update number 021, but it was ok before I did the updates, now I have problems with the right hand side of the screen, the bottom right buttons do not work, and I am stuck in automatic mode and have now way of getting out of it.
    Do you know if there is a way to reset it to the manufacturers default, I did e-mail Viessmann for advice but never got a reply.

Paul..

• Hello Paul,
    your problem with the right buttons might be solved by calibrating the screen.
    You can do this by the button "system settings" on the left side.

The other problem with the blank buttons:
    I think you have to edit your Loco-funktionsettings like discribed in the Referenzhandbuch ( only in german ).

mit besten Grüßen
    Uwe
    Commander seit 1997, jetzt Vers.: 1.35; Spur N, Laptop mit Win 8, Rückmeldung über S88N (meist LdT)
    Lokdecoder:meist Lenz aber auch ESU-Loksound und diverse andere

• Hello Paul,
    I Think this is the way to rest the Commander:
    - Commander OFF and wait 1-2 minutes
    - Commander Then "on"
    -while starting push all 4 direction buttons
    -a "Menü "System wiederherstellen" appears on the display- to Reset push again all 4 direction buttons and hold them until the next menue appears
    -there you can vote for using " MOTOROLA" = left speedcontrol push for 3 Second
    or using " DCC" = right speedcontrol push for 3 seconds

-then the commander will start again (very slowly) in fabrications settings
    -then you have to calibrate the display
    (Sorry Paul, my english-school was 40 years ago)

best regards
    Uwe

mit besten Grüßen
    Uwe
    Commander seit 1997, jetzt Vers.: 1.35; Spur N, Laptop mit Win 8, Rückmeldung über S88N (meist LdT)

• Thank you.. I am on the screen RE-SET System and I have 2 choices, PRE-SET DIGITAL SYSTEM DCC
    and DISPLAY CALIBRATION NAVIGATOR CALIBRATION with a RED Dot, what do I do now?
    Paul..

• Hello Paul,

push the right speedcontrol and hold it for 3 seconds, then the system will reset the digital dcc system.

with the next start it should be possible to calibrate first the system with the red point in the middle of the screen( sometimes this must be done twice )
    then the commander will start normaly (I hope) and you can calibrate the screen.

best regards
    Uwe

mit besten Grüßen
    Uwe

• I've tried always, I held the speedcontrol for 3 seconds but nothing happens, I can't even switch the thing off by the button.
    Paul..

• Zitat von Puzzler

I've tried always, I held the speedcontrol for 3 seconds but nothing happens, I can't even switch the thing off by the button.
    Paul..

I am also trying the same.
    All I do to continue is fill in all the red dots even if blank then I press in a blank dot less menu choice After "calibration" choice !

Has anyone figured out what is in the blank dots in this menu ?
    :?:

• Zitat von Cool Games

I am also trying the same.
    All I do to continue is fill in all the red dots even if blank then I press in a blank dot less menu choice After "calibration" choice !

Has anyone figured out what is in the blank dots in this menu ?
    :?:

Hi there,, Don't you think it's discusting the way we are treated by Viessmann in Germany? they ignore your e-mails & requests for help etc.. All we want is help! on how to do a re-set, is this some closely guarded secret?
    Paul..
    UK

• All English speaking readers,
    I have problems with all the newer technologies at first but that is to be expected.
    I find the answers slowly and those members that don't know the answers, language
    or in a different time zone need to be respected for those differences.
    In the USA there is an unpopular attitude that everyone should speak and write in English
    and then they are angry if they buy a non-English product that has limited English support.

Maybe English is the obstacle to the progress that other languages and countries have overcome or avoided.

I am learning to use the Commander :roll: by resetting and starting over and writing the notes about what I know works.
    I don't think I will ever expect to see the manuals in English that will contain all that other languages have explained.

I like the Commander ;) and hope to eventually answer all my questions. :!:

Lee T Davy
    Cool Games Network

• Dear Ingo,
    I do very much appreciate your offer to help and you are very kind, but this lack of English support is very frustrating, as with scrolling to locate loco symbols that, in my case are simply not there, and having the controller completely lock-up on you and the only way to switch off is to pull the plug on it, it's a nightmare, this should not be happening.
    Do Viessmann ever reply to e-mails of help? I have sent 3 and still awaiting response.
    Kind Regards
    Paul..

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dear Paul,

we received 2 mails from you this week. The first on Monday, 15. September 2008 12:06 I have answered yesterday.

The second was from yesterday 16. September 2008 13:20, I got it today. All issues from that mail are already here in discussion.

But I will answer tomorrow. But if you write that you haven't got any answer perhaps something is wrong with your email account.

Best regards,
    Viessmann Modellspielwaren GmbH

Ingo Planert