Please.. Please.. Mr Viessmann

• Please.. Please.. Mr Viessmann

Can you produce a supplement to your instructions on how to:

(1) Do a systems re-set on the commander.

(2) How to re-calibrate the screen on the commander.

From my own experience it happened after one of the up-dates, it's either "1.018" or "1.021" that knocks the screen calibration off line.

We all love the commander but it all seems unfair that we have to bluff our way through it by messing about and pressing buttons.

It's a major problem not having a manual in English that tells you how to do it, and I don't know if it's on the German DVD? because mine was unplayable, but to see this procedure on a DVD would be even better.

I do very much hope that when the GBS appears at the end of the year that there will be English instructions???

Kindest Regards
    Paul Garwood
    England

• Hello Puzzler. For another Customer in spring I tried to translate partially my german UB-handmade instructions for use
    you will find in Tipps and Tricks: Commander Grundeinstellungen and Commander Lokeditor. The two points Commander Reset
    and Navigator Calibration you will find translated in Commander Grundeinstellungen helping you to solve your problem.
    -------------
    Commander Reset:
    Press the start button and the 4 direction buttons for at least 4 seconds.
    I tried to describe the screen so exactly that you can select the wanted option
    in case if you cannot reed the text in the shown zones.
    The text in the yellow zone on top is: SYSTEM WIEDERHERSTELLEN (=RESET)
    The text in the long red zone is: what kind of mode do you want to activate?
    Please press the buttons for at least 3 seconds.
    a) the text in the long white zone is: to do the reset please press the 4 direction
    buttons forward/backward for at least 3 seconds
    or b) the text in the short white zone below at the left hand side is:
    Updatemode: Navigator click
    Please press the Navigator button if you want to go into the Updatemode
    or c) the text in the short white zone below at the right hand side is:
    Return on last screen: Speed control click

Important:
    If you want to select b) Updatemode you must click on the Navigator button. Please try
    it first and try to start the Update from your PC once more. If you cannot go back in
    the Updatemode or if your PC will not effect the Update and will have an error message,
    press again the start button and the 4 direction buttons and then you must do the
    reset with a) pressing the 4 direction buttons again for at least 3 seconds.
    If the reset is successful you must again select the Updatemode in the menu.
    ------------------
    Navigator Calibration
    a) Beginning in the Commander Menu
    - Press on the undermost zone at the lefthand side with the symbol of the System Parameter
    - In the Menu EDITOREN: press the symbol System Parameters behind of the text Systemparameter
    - In the Menu SYSTEMEINSTELLUNGEN press the symbol behind of the text DISPLAY
    - In the Menu DISPLAY EINSTELLUNGEN press the empty field behind of the text NAVIGATORKALIBRIERUNG

b) Navigator calibration continuation or beginning after a reset
    - You will find a circle and a + on the screen
    - Touch the fluted surface of the Navigator with one finger and turn it until
    you will see 4 blue points.
    - Press one of the 4 direction buttons and you will find a 5th blue point
    in the middle of the + .
    - Press again one of the 4 direction buttons or the Navigator itself.
    - The Navigator calibration was successful and the Commander Menu will be shown
    on the screen.

• Thank you so much for these instructions, I had to re do the updates in the end and then I could go and recalibrate the screen, it's strange how the first update pushed the calibration off.
    Please I have one further question, when I am on the Loco functions editor page, how do I find page 2 of these functions?
    Regards
    Paul..

• Hello Paul. Please read the Commander Quickstart Guide page 20. To select the Commander Quickstart Guide you must press "Commander" on the Viessmann screen, then below Downloads "Anleitung" and then below English: Quick start guide. You can print the PDF-file but you cannot copy it.
    To browse in the cards 1 to 8 please touch the third buttom from above on the right hand side of the screen with a blue arrow in a gray field pointing at the right hand side and if you want browse from 8 to 1 you will find a blue arrow pointing to the left hand side on the left hand side of the screen.
    Under Tipps and Tricks "Lokeditor Bedienungsanleitung" you will find detailed instructions how to use the Commander Lokeditor, but in German. If you need it in english I'll try to translate the parts who are interesting to you. The whole translation will need a lot of time.

• Found them, thank you very much.
    In future updates it would be nice to have more symbols for other sounds like closing doors, steam venting, and one for station announcements like Fleischmann have on function 8 of their loco's.
    Once again thank you very much for your help.
    Kindest Regards
    Paul Garwood

Gefunden worden ihnen, vielen Dank. In den zukünftigen Updates würde es nett sein, mehr Symbole für anderes zu haben klingt wie schließend Türen, dämpft Lüftung und eine für Stationansagen, wie Fleischmann auf Funktion 8 ihres loco' haben; s. Vielen Dank noch einmal für Ihre Hilfe.
    Freundlichster Respekt
    Paul Garwood

• Hello Paul. For the purposes of my own and before Viessmann provided the Referenzhandbuch, I wrote my instructions for use in german language. If your are able to read them in German actually you will find under Tipps and Tricks:
    Aktueller Stand per 22.08.2008
    Für Update 1.021 neu erstellt:
    Lokbilder und Lokbildeditor für Windows XP Anleitung
    Lokbilder und Lokbildeditor für Windows VISTA Anleitung, ergänzt am 22.8.08
    ----------
    Für Update 1.021 überarbeitet:
    Commander Grundeinstellungen Anleitung
    Lokeditor Bedienungsanleitung
    ----------
    Für Update 1.021 noch nicht überarbeitet:
    Weichen und Weichendecoder für DCC
    Anleitung Loks anlegen, fahren und löschen
    Hilfe bei der Installation von N-Decodern
    -----------------------
    Concerning more symbols for other sounds like closing doors, steam venting, and one for station announcements like Fleischmann have on function 8 of their loco's,
    I'm collecting an extensive list of loco-functions, not only for sound, from my own locos and from several catalogues like Märklin, Trix, Roco, Fleischmann. On Wednesday I sent again a list to Viessmann and we have to wait what will happen. The input of all this additional symbols, when created by Viessmann, in the Commander will be a lot of work, because neither the function buttons nor the types of funcitons are standard and they are different from loco to loco. In my opinion it will be easier to key in only the important symbols and to try to use the rest by testing the funciton buttons. Independent from the existing or not existing function symbol in the Commander you can use all function buttons of a loco by touching. So you really do not need the function symbols, but they are nice to have.