Help with s88 Shuttle device...

• I have recently just purchased the Commander and very nice it is to.
    Could I ask for some help?

I would like to set up a shuttle route using the s88 port, but I am not sure what items I need to do this, if someone could give me the reference numbers of the devices I need to plug into the commander, also I have Fleischmann Loco's and these have a button built in the bottom of the loco's to be used with their treadle track device, would I be able to use these to operate the shuttle devises?

Sorry lots of question, but the English version of the instructions is not very clear on this topic.
    Many Thanks for listening to my questions.
    Pete Griddy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dear Mr. Griddy,

the most important thing is a feedback decoder. Because you have got the Fleischmann track system (or another two-rail-system) you need our 5233 feedback decoder. It has got built-in track occupancy detectors and can observe 8 track sections. This is enough for a shuttle route. You should use 5 sections for it:

stop section left
    brake section left
    driving section
    brake section right
    stop section right

Than you have to define 2 routes. That is already described in the technical reference guide which you can download from our Commander homepage. It will be translated into English once it is completely ready.

• Hallo Herr Planert

Thank's.. you have been most helpful, please just to clarity.. does that mean I would need to use the Fleischmann reed contacts for this? or not?

Also where can I download the technical reference guide, German version, so I can then put it through a translator.
    Kind Regards
    Pete Griddy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Mr. Griddy,

no, you don't need track contacts. You only need isolated track joiners (I don't know the correct English word ...).

You can find the instruction of the 5233 here (it's also in English!):

http://www.viessmann-modell.co…233-03-DE,%20GB,%20FR.pdf

The commander reference guide you will find here:

http://www.viessmann-commander…renzhandbuch_v0-4_web.pdf