Shuttle Route, have I got this correct?

• Hi all..

I am asking this question not only for myself but a friend who also would like to know...

I have been trying to get my head around setting up a shuttle route,

I'm just making a test track to start off with;
    I have 5 insulated sections all with separate track feed and each of the these 5 sections
    have a wire connecting to 5 of the connections on the Viessmann 5233
    feedback decoder.

I won't go any further until I have confirmation that I have this correct?
    or have I got it all wrong???
    thanks
    Paul..

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dear Paul,

no, at this moment you don't need it. You should use it, if you have some track sections which are not supervised by a 5233 output. Than the not-supervised sections should be fed via the 5234.

Now you have to define your feedback decoders in the "I/O Device Editor". Choose the "I/O Device Editor on your Commander. Go to the second page of this editor. Delete all modules from the s88-queue (push the button with the red cross). Than press one time the "Viessmann 5233" button. For each new 5233 which you add to your layout you have to add one more 5233 module to the s88-queue.

Than store your changes by pressing the "save data" button (blue floppy disk with red arrow showing to the disk). After that you can leave the "I/O Device Editor.

Please choose the page "Direct Mode". On the left half side of the display you see 8 dots, named 1 to 8. They show the condition of the 8 (resp. 5 used) track sections of your 5233. If a track section is occupied, the corresponding dot should be red, if it's free, the dot is green. If you will have more 5233 in future you can switch to the next module with the button "MOD+" and back with the button "MOD-".