Retromodule 5233

• Dear Sirs
    My german is really poor and I'm not able to write one word, for this reason I write the question in engish.
    I have a ECoS-ESU Comander, N-Gauge, and I'm using the Viessmann 5233 as a retromodule to detect rail occupancy.
    I had few problems when I used only one 5233 (some times the signal was lost), but the first problem was when I put the second and the third 5233. Not signal at all, or only signals for the last module, but not constant.
    Then I've seen that 5233 and ECoS don't work enough well together, because they use the same """????""" to control differnt things?.
    Finally I had a 5217 module (not useful for N-gauge) but I found that connecting this module at the eand of the modules chain, the system works perfectlly.
    What can I do to avoid the installation of 5217, but with the 5233 responding.
    Many Thanks
    Joan Girona

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dear Mr. Girona,

at first we must notice that the feedback decoder 5217 is not suitably for a two leader track and exclusively is used in the 3-leader-system of Märklin, by the mass potential of a separate outer rail for the other one being measured to the registration.
    Should not work in your case the feedback decoders 5233 with each other, if at first you should look, whether the ECos also is adjusted to it. Furthermore you read through exactly the operator's manual from 5233 on page 9 (chapter 4, fig. 3 and 5) through again, please, where the bridging of not moving reported track periods with the additional electronics 5234 is described. The electronics 5234 can also be manufactured easily but also be ordered from us.

We wish you a many good new year!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Wolfgang Brinken
    Viessmann Modelltechnik GmbH

• Thanks for your comments
    I don't use module 5217 in these two rails system, all the feedback decoders are 5233. But only adding, at the end of the really working modules (5233), a 5217 I got information on my system about the occupaid track sectors. I checked everything on my ECos and I read carefully the 5233 manual. I coudn't buy any 5234 but I prepared one followinf the instructions and details on the manual. I didn't see any improvement. With other systems, and not in trains, I had to put at the end of the bus a resistance (specially when the bus is trough coaxial cable). My question was about this, Do you have noticed any problem with Eco's and 5233 and how o solve it?. On the web many other users explain their problemms similar to the one I posted hear and no answer I found to solve it.
    Joan Girona