Turnout decoder problem

• Heloo

I have a number of turnout decoders on my layout that are either Viessmann or lenz and all work well.

Recently I purchased a turnout decoder from a local builder, and I am unable to get the comm to recognise the decoder.

There are no problems with the decoder as I have tested it on a old Roco dcc system, a Ecos and a digitrax.

Setting an address for this decoder is unlike the lenz or viessmann. You must program it by setting an value in CV #513. Based on this value the turnout address values are setup. Eg setting CV 513 to the value 1 will set up for turnouts Number 1, 2, 3 and 4. If you set the cv to 2 the turnouts would be 5,6,7and 8 and so on.

I have tried setting the cv to various values and the turnouts do not respond.

However by mistake I set the cv value to 10 which sets turnouts 37,38,39 and 40 which were the turnouts already set up for one of my viessmann decoders and when I pressed the command to switch #37, both decoders responded and two turnouts were switched. (one from each decoder)

I repeated the above mistake with a different value that matvhed another lenz decoder and the same result...two turnouts switched

Can you offer a suggestion please?

Thanks

Zenon

• Hello

Thankyou for the respsonse

please test that this decoder correspond to the DCC Standard.
    I spoke to the maker he says it conforms the to the standard. I have tested the decode on the following dcc systems
    1. Roco with multimouse and route controller both work as expected
    2. Esu Ecos worked as expected
    3. Digitrax system worked as expected

How do you address the decoder ? by Switch or software.

You need to address the decoder by programming cv value 513. I connect the decoder input to the programming track and set the value into cv513. I have read the values back after programming and the values are set

The decoder is for 4 turnouts. the value you write to cv513 will determine the 4 turnout numbers that you call. Eg cv513 value = 1 will mean turnout number 1,2,3 and 4
    Cv 513 value = 2 will mean turnouts 5,6,7 and 8 cv 513 value = 3 will mean turnouts 9,10,11 and 12 and so on

are this decoders for magnetic articles (pulse ) or for permanent power switching

The decoder is for pulse (peco/fleischmann and atlas.

Please send me a manual by e-mail.

There is no manual just a short 3 page instruction which explains how to set the address and the turnout numbers (as above)

As I mentioned in my first post if I set the address of the decoder to 1 ie CV513=1 (turnouts 1,2,3 and 4)
    and I program a viessmann to have the same 4 turnouts (turnouts1,2,3 and 4)

And I switch any of the turnouts (1,2,3 or 4) then the turnouts wired to the decoder and the turnout wired to the viessmann decoder will both operate

If I remove the Viessmann decoder from the layout leaving only the decoder no turnouts operate. If I return the Viessman to the layout, both decoder operates the turnout requested.

It seems that when I try and switch a turnout, the commander checks to see if a decoder for that address is present and if so sends the packet of instructions.

If the commander does not find a decoder no instruction packets are sent.

The commander just wont recognise the decoder and thus dosnt issue the command packets.

Is there a cv value or some sort of signature that the commander expects to find to recognise the decoder?

Hope this can help

Cheers

Zenon

• Hello

Thank you for taking an interest in this matter, it is very good of you considering that there wont be many people using this particular decoder with the Commander worldwide. I just hope its a simple solution.

I am currently using version 1.042 on the commander.

The email address for the maker is jeffmon@optusnet.com.au

Cheers

Zenon