A Suggestion for an English Forum..

• Hi Friends..

This is just a suggestion, but please would it be possible to have a section of this group to be in English?
    there are several of us now from the U.S.A and the UK that would like to communicate with the Viessmann group but
    it's very difficult at the moment, as there is a complete lack of understandable instructions for operating the Commander, and also programing the operations such as the shuttle routes / signals etc...

I am really not understanding Why this should be? for such an expensive unit such as this.. ECoS are not having these kinds of problems.. ???
    Chuff Chuff..

• Hello chuff chuff,

but ECOS doesn´t have many features of the commander as sample a shuttle route. By ECOS you need externe components for doing so variable as by commander.

For an english Forum and Referenzhandbuch Viessmann has sait, that these dings are made, when all features are in the commander wich are promised. I think that will bee wenn railcom ist completet. Viessmann don`t forget you.
    Until that time please wait by translating the german Referenzhandbuch. I think there are some programms in the internet.

The commander is a very great machine and you will have much fun by doing experiments.
    I´m sorry but my english is very bad, so I can`t help, but if you write the problems in detail, I am shur there is someone who can help you. Perhaps there is an english-speaker who can help you by translating.

Viel Grüße
    Dieter Riethenauer

Commander 1.402, seit 12.07, Fleischm.profigleise N
    Viessmann u. Uhlenbrock Schalt/Magnetartikeldekoder
    Rocco RM 10787 am LSB hinter Viessmann BM 5206,
    Viessmann Booster ECO4, Win 10- 64bit

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dear all English spoken Commander friends,
    the handbook in English language its in preparation.
    we expect this in the 4.quarter this year.
    For learning the route procedure please start with a simple example from one track starts (Feedback Contact 1) , drive over a free track (Feedback Contact 2) to the stop track. (Feedback Contact 3). You need this Feedback Contacts for that and a route on a track plan in your Commander. Programme the route in the route editor like the Example on 1.1.3.2 in the exists Handbook 1.0 from our website with 5 Feedback Contacts. It works too with 3 Contacts.
    When you understand the principle for that tool, you can easy expand this automatic routes.

• Hello.. that is good news about the English manual, but please can you advise about the stop start at stations operation, do I need the 5208 timer or can this be done using the Commander? and also am I correct in assuming that the 5208 does not have the auto return feature, then which unit do I need to setup Auto return.?
    Chuff Chuff

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello,
    you need not more than feedback decoder 5217 ( Märklin System ) or 5233 (for all other Rail Systems).
    Timer functions you can program with the route Editor in the Commander.
    Please watch the Video what you get with the Commander and read the English short introduction.
    Please inform you about the digital system features and requirements (DCC NMRA or Motorola). It gives in each language books and @web Information platforms. This knowledge is a base information, and very important requirements for working with the Commander.

• Thank you Jürgen, please can you advise which feedback decoder I would use for my Fleischmann Sound Trains?
    also I don't have the short English introduction on my DVD, incidentally my DVD was badly scratched when I purchased the Commander, I did ask for a replacement but never got one.
    Regards
    Chuff Chuff..

• Zitat von Chuff Chuff

Thank you Jürgen, please can you advise which feedback decoder I would use for my Fleischmann Sound Trains?
    also I don't have the short English introduction on my DVD, incidentally my DVD was badly scratched when I purchased the Commander, I did ask for a replacement but never got one.
    Regards
    Chuff Chuff..

Hi Chuff..

Mine also does not have this English introduction, did this appear on a later DVD version?
    Puzzler..