Shuttle Trains

• I have been working on a simple shuttle train between 2 stations with no intermediate stops as desribed on pages 25 and 26 of the English manual.

I have found that the concept of keeping direction with an instruction for inverse working in the cancellation index card 7 as described on those pages does not produce a reliable result for me. What does work however is to recognise that the train has a forward and reverse mode of running according to DCC decoders.

Hence if you use the settings below the train goes back and forward and reverses after arriving at a station. By increasing the pause time in index card 4 the simulation of a train waiting for passengers is achieved.

These are the settings that work for me.

Index card 4 for the speed to be used one route is set to reverse (R) and the second route set to forward. (F)

Index cards 5 and 7 are both set for each route as keep diraction. (S)

The manual is not correct for the letters to denote the various directions as follows:-

System data for forward is (F) and not (V) as shown in the manual

System data for inverse is (T) and not (U) as shown in the manual

System data for keep direction is (S) and not (W) as shown in the manual

These differences may of course be due to not having been transalated from German to English

It took me a long time to realise that the problem was that DCC decoders are based on having a forward and reverse as recorded in CV29.

John Ferguson :P

Commander with S88 Littfinski feedback for track monitoring and reed switches.

5 amp booster connected to the CDE port.

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.