Software Problems for Point/Turnouts and feedback symbols

• I have found the following problems which I hope a user can help me with or they may be examples of bugs in the software that should fixed in a future update.

1. Using routes containing a number of points/turnouts I find that when they are operated the point/turnouts are set correctly but not all of the track symbols are changed to correspond with the route setting. This occurs in manual and automatic modes. Operating each point/turnout individually is normal with the track and the symbol matching correctly. What am I doing wrong or is this a bug in the software?

2. If you alter your layout and move a feedback track symbol it contues to show the operation in it's previous position and the new position at the same time if you are using the grey track symbols. If you overwite the previous feedback position with black track symbols this cures the problem. Again is this a bug in the software?

3. Many model railway layouts have the situation where you have twin parallel tracks connected by two point/turnouts operated by a single accessory decoder. You need two point/turnout symbols with the same address to manage this. The practice will not work currently with the software. The only way I have found to overcome this is to allocate a second address with a false or dummy value so in setting routes the symbols have the potential to be set correctly.

Can this be changed in a future update to the software to allow two point/turnout symbols to have the same address?

Looking forward to a reply.

John

Commander with S88 Littfinski feedback for track monitoring and reed switches.

5 amp booster connected to the CDE port.

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.

• Dear Jürgen Meier

I have found the following problems that I am hoping can be cured in a future update.

1. Using routes containing a number of points/turnouts I find that when they are operated the point/turnouts are set correctly but not all of the track symbols are changed to correspond with the route setting. This occurs in manual and automatic modes. Operating each point/turnout individually is normal with the track and the symbol matching correctly. I hope an update can deal with this.

2. If you alter your layout and move a feedback track symbol it continues to show the operation in it's previous position and the new position at the same time using grey track symbols. If you overwite the previous feedback position with black track symbols this cures the problem. Again I hope an update can deal with this.

3. Many model railway layouts have the situation where you have twin parallel tracks connected by two point/turnouts operated by a single accessory decoder. You need two point/turnout symbols with the same address to manage this. The practice will not work currently with the software. Can be overcome with a second address that has a false or dummy value or by using a black junction symbol for one of the point/turnouts. Again I hope an update can deal with this.

Please can the Viessmann company undertake to deal with these software issues.

Any experience or comments from other users would be useful.

John

Commander with S88 Littfinski feedback for track monitoring and reed switches.

5 amp booster connected to the CDE port.

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.

• Hi John

Regarding point 3, this is a good point. The problem is that there is some kind of a mechanism in the Commander that seems to make that impossible.

Setting 2 devices to the same address is apparently reserved to uncoupling tracks (and even then, it's a headache to get the two on the same address working properly: change one to green and the other to red, if you do it in the wrong way on the first time, it's hard to get them back correctly).

These are the few bugs that we have to live with for now. On the other hand - considering we want to remain away from PC control - the Commander truly is the best out there. Apparently even the new ECOS can only handle very basic shuttle trains in automated mode...

Another bug you may have noticed, and that you want to be careful about, is that in a itinerary, you should not set several loc/functions orders right after the others.
    Say you want "Loc Full Speed" + "Lights On"+"F4 off", then you'll notice sometimes one of the order is simply ignored...it is anoying for start orders...but dangerous for "loc stop" orders :D
    The trick is to input a delay (I use 1 second) between each of the commands. This will make sure all orders are transmited correctly.
    If it's a station depature, just turn on the lights on second before the train departs. If it's a block section (where itineraries should handle the train smoothly without a stop), just use the loc speed order first, and turn on the functions a few seconds later while the train runs.