NEW USer - first impressions

• Last week my Commander arrived from DCC Supplies (superb service and excellent price - thank you!).

Fist impressions: high quality piece of equipment, excellent display.

Just been playing with it and importing first locos. Impressed with ease of reading CV and adding loco to roster, however not as intuitive as I would like. I'm sure it will become easier with practice and I really like the available pics in the editor. I will need to add some more pics on the special locos so I'll report on how easy (or difficult) that is.

Less success with adding signals using 5229 multiplexer. Instructions seem a bit limited. Instructions indicate that address allocated automatically but it doesn't seem to be working on my system. I'll study the reference manual again to see what I'm doing wrong.

I'm spending some time getting used to set-up on a test track before rushing to replace my Lenz system on the big layout. :roll:

• Hello Custodian

I would like to know that when you get round to setting up routes if you experience the problem that I have. A list of points changes in manual and automatic modes but the not all the symbols in the track diagram change to show the correct settings of the points.

Other than that the system is very good with great potentail.

John

Commander with S88 Littfinski feedback for track monitoring and reed switches.

5 amp booster connected to the CDE port.

Lenz LI-USB interface connecting to a laptop via the LSB bus using RocRail software to drive trains manually via an Android phone.