Beiträge von ^Rook

Hello all,

Zitat von Ingo Planert

Liebe Forumsteilnehmer,
    Frage an die Forums-Gemeinde: Was wäre euch das wichtigste in Bezug auf MFX-Unterstützung? Würde das Schalten der 15 Funktionen zunächst ausreichen?

For me the answer to this question is a simple: YES !

The most important thing for me would be to be able to control all MFX-functions with the Commander.

Regards,

Rolf (The Netherlands)

Hello Commander Team,

It seems the MFX-'protocol' has been released. I would love to know if and when MFX-functionality will become available on the Commander.

Kind regards,

Rolf (The Netherlands)

Hello,

I have just successfully completed my first Commander-update :idea: The update-procedure was easy and effective, it took about 10 minutes in all and worked without flaws.

I am happy to find the language-option added :) One thing that did catch my attention is that in the System-Parameter menu not all options have an accompanying icon in the list...:?: The newly added language-option for example is without an icon, just a grey square behind the text. :?

Another thing that caught my attention is the version-number that is shown while the update is being performed. During the update-procedure to version 1.016, the screen of my laptop showed the installer having version 1.014...:?: Is this correct...a new version is installed using an installer that has the previous software-version ?

All and all I am still very happy with the Commander, can't wait to start testing automatic train-control :) Hopefully after the next update (next month?) we will be able to use personalised loc-images :idea: And ofcourse I am still strongly hoping for an option to associate two Motorola-addresses with one loc-entry 8-)

Kind regards,

Rolf (a happy Dutch customer)

Hi Mario,

Zitat von [AW]Mario

Thx for the info.
    I did that, but i thought there must be a way do get this at one Loc in Database like in the Esu ECoS.

I thought that too at first :) But at this time this is not possible, I got that confirmed on this forum a few weeks ago :idea: I hope the option will (soon) be added :!: For now I have created two loc-entries for both my Marklin 37992 BB (#40 & 41 like yours) and 37540 BR55 (#55 & 56)...

Kind regards,

Rolf

Hello Mario,

You will have to create a second 'locomotive' in your Commander-database with the second Motorola-address :idea: At this time it is not (yet) possible to assign two Motorola-addresses to one locomotive-entry :idea:

Kind regards,

Rolf

Hello,

Whilst being pretty busy wiring my very first testtrack for use with the Commander (and finishing up on the nursery for our new baby)...I find myself handling and moving around the Commander pretty often :) When I visited the Viessmann-booth in Dortmund I noticed the Viessmann-staff also used the Commander as a handheld device quite casually (one man kept it on his lap all the time, another 'waved' it around when explaining different features...).

This leads me to my current question:

Is the Commander sturdy enough to be used as a handheld device...:?: Or should I try to keep it placed on a table at all times ? Please advise :)

Kind regards,

Rolf (The Netherlands)

PS: Any news on this weeks promised update ?

Hello,

Seeing as though all my questions have been answered quickly and in an understandable way... I thought I would try another one :? :?:

So far I have entered three Marklin locomotives into the database of the Commander (two times FX and one #37992 MFX). All three locomotives run on Motorola New, 14 speedsteps. My two Marklin Top-models (finely tuned with LokProgrammer) run perfectly smooth on all speeds with the acceleration- and braking-delay activated (I use very long settings). Through adding a second virtual 'locomotive' to the locdatabase with the second Motorola-address of these locomotives I can access F0-F8 (9 functions incl. headlights).

By bringing up the Commander screen with 8 locomotives in view ("Darstellung-Lokomotiven")...I can navigate quickly through multiple locomotives at the touch of a finger. That way I can operate a total of four Motorola New locomotives with a total of 9 functions each...in one single screen. For me at this point this is more than enough, I find it a joy to operate...mainly because of its color display and nice interface. I hope in future MFX-functionality can be added (16 functions) but for now I am completely satisfied with Motorola/Marklin Loc control on the Commander.

One question arises now that I have successfully entered a few locomotives in the Commander and can operate them nicely.... I read in the brochure (Dortmund) that I would be able to use my own pictures as "LokBilder" in the Commander-database. This was one of the reasons that made me choose the Commander as a "Zentrale"...Color Images ! I understand from a post on the "Old Forum" this functionality is not yet available :( Can something be said about a release date for this functionality :?: I am sorry to say neither one of my four locomotives exists in the database.

I welcome all information about this subject, many thanks in advance 8-)

Kind regards,

Rolf

It seems Mr. Fuhs was faster in his reply than myself :D Thank you for the information, Mr. Fuhs...again very helpful and reassuring :)

I hope the operation of more than 5 functions on a Motorola-loco will be available in a future update. Untill that time I will create a second locomotive in the database with the second Motorola address of my Marklin BR55.

Kind regards,

Rolf

Hello Rick,

Maybe it is getting old but I have to thank you AGAIN for your answers, haha :lol: I am very happy I got my Marklin-locos to run on the Commander, can't wait to continue testing and find out more about the Commander. Operating this device is loads of fun !

We will have to wait on Mr. Fuhs for the answer to my last question, see what can be said about accessing more than 5 functions on Motorola-decoders :)

Kind regards,

Rolf

Thank you for this information, Mr. Fuhs :) So far the Commander has proven to be lots of fun ! It seems I can be happy I chose this "Zentrale" over its counterparts (Marklin CS and Ecos), it was a very hard choice for me. This forum is also very helpful.

Kind regards,

Rolf

Dear Mr. Fuhs,

Thank you very much for your very clear reply. After your hints I was successful in running both locomotives, a lot of fun ! I hope I can ask a few more questions at this point ?

# After having waited for many minutes (well over 90 seconds) both locos are reckognized. The only data that seems to be read however...is the address. Is this correct ?

# After reckognision I can acces "Karteiblatte" 1...2...7...and 8 ! Is this correct...no "Karteiblatte" 3, 4, 5 and 6 for these particular two FX-decoders ?

# Another question if I may regarding the additional functions on the BR 55 (Marklin 37540)... Through the automatically reckognized Motorola-address 55 I can acces the first 5 functions (including headlights). Is there a way to access the other 4 functions through its Motorola address of 56 on the same "Fahrpult" ? Or do I have to create a differente loco in the database that has address 56 and operate the additional 4 functions on the second "Fahrpult" ?

I hope you or someone else knowledgable can answer these questions for me again. Thank you in advance for any reaction.

Kind regards,

Rolf

Hello,

Again my apologies for the English, please feel free to answer in German (I can read German, but not write it) :)

As I have stated in other posts I have received my Viessmann Commander yesterday. So far I have been able to get a little familiar with the device and its different menus and screens. Must say I LOVE operating the Commander, it's color display provides a very pleasant interface.

Allthough there is a lot of joy about my new purchase there is also concern :( I cannot get my Marklin locs to operate on the Commander. I have tested a BR258 (from Marklin starter-set #29852) and a BR55 (Marklin #37540) and neither locomotive can be controlled. Both locs are equipped with a decoder Marklin calls FX. The BR258 has two lighting functions and the BR55 has a total of 9 functions available.

I have tried both locs on a programming track connected to the Commander. Neither locomotive is automatically reckognized by the Commander. When I enter the locs into the "LokListe" manually they do NOT respond to any commands. Even when using the "Direkt Modus" (Motorola) both locs cannot be controlled ! Strangely though...when I wait some time with a loc on the programming track this loc starts running slowly forward, stopping, backward, occasionally the lights come on, etc...all BY ITSELF ?!?

I own only four locomotives at this time (starter) and all are Marklin locs. Before buying the Commander I did some research about the Commander in combination with Marklin locs. I learned all Marklin locs should be controllable through the Motorola old and/or new protocol but so far this does not work with my locs. Is my Commander broken or...?

Kind regards,

Rolf

Hi Rick,

Thank you again for your fast and clear reply :) It seems the problems I have with controlling two Marklin trains are not related to the fact that I have only connected a programming track so far. I will create a new topic about these problems, I take it that is preferred ?

Kind regards,

Rolf

Hello,

I apologize for the English, please feel free to reply in German :)

Yesterday I got my Viessmann Commander. After playing with it for a couple of hours I have to say I love the color display and its graphical interface !

One question at this point though: Is it necessary to connect the Commander to BOTH the programming track AND the main track ? Or can I just connect it to ONLY the programming track OR the main track ?

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Kind regards,

Rolf

Hello Rick,

Aaaahh...I thought that might be the case :) Thank you very much for clearing this up for me, I'm glad it isn't something I am doing wrong ! I will continue my exploration of the Commander and hope I can ask other questions when they arise.

Kind regards,

Rolf

Hello,

I apologize for the English, feel free to reply in German 8) I have the same issue with my brand new Commander. Upon touching the ON-/OFF-button the button instantly turns a constant red...NO blinking. I press the button as quick as I can...

Kind regards,

Rolf (The Netherlands)

Hello,

I hope I can post in English as my German writing isn't all that good :oops: I can READ German so feel free to reply in German.

I live in The Netherlands and have just gotten my Viessmann Commander today. One of the things I tried so far is changing the language of the internal software. According to the manual this option should be available in "Systemparameter". I am sorry to say that the option "Sprache" does not appear in my "Systemeinstellungen"...only:

Protokolle/Verstarker-einstellungen
    Startverhalten
    <empty slot in list>
    Modellzeit
    Softwareupdate
    Display
    <empty slot in list>

Who can help me change the language on my Commander ? I thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Kind regards,

Rolf