Beiträge von zeebar

Hi Dieter

I am convinced that this usb ftdi thing is just flawed. Since my last post I tried an update (1.021)and failed, I removed the usb cable before i shutdown the application, reinserted the cable, shut down the update and reran ver 1.02 which failed. the first time that it has. I then tried v1.021 and it WORKED.... Im now at the latest version 1.103. It makes no sense why it now works. or whether it will in the future

I appreciate your time in giving me suggestions.

Zenon

Hi Dieter

Yes I have used the USB driver from the download page. I was able to go from 1.015 to 1.020 with no problems...with any other version I get the error message. I did 1.020 again and it was successful again....but again the later versions did not work.

I dont understand why 2 updates work with the drivers but no other updates. I have also tried another computer but again unsucessful.

Hi

Sorry to start a new thread but this is really frustrating.

I successfully found the update files. I was at 1.015 and successfully updated to version 1.018 and then 1.020.

But now I cant update any further. Any update i try I get the error message that it cant find a commander or its not in update mode. I have tried 1.021, 1.042 and so on but keep getting the same error.

I reinstalled 1.020 and that worked!!! no error message... but straight after attempted 1.021 and the error message again.

The logs for the 1.020 installed said the update was successful.

Any ideas.

Hello

I have purchased a new (old) commander. It is version 1.015. where can I get older updates from?
    The oldest update on the web page is 1_042. is this version ok to update 1.015?

Thanks

Zenon

Hello

Thank you for taking an interest in this matter, it is very good of you considering that there wont be many people using this particular decoder with the Commander worldwide. I just hope its a simple solution.

I am currently using version 1.042 on the commander.

The email address for the maker is jeffmon@optusnet.com.au

Cheers

Zenon

Hello

Thankyou for the respsonse

please test that this decoder correspond to the DCC Standard.
    I spoke to the maker he says it conforms the to the standard. I have tested the decode on the following dcc systems
    1. Roco with multimouse and route controller both work as expected
    2. Esu Ecos worked as expected
    3. Digitrax system worked as expected

How do you address the decoder ? by Switch or software.

You need to address the decoder by programming cv value 513. I connect the decoder input to the programming track and set the value into cv513. I have read the values back after programming and the values are set

The decoder is for 4 turnouts. the value you write to cv513 will determine the 4 turnout numbers that you call. Eg cv513 value = 1 will mean turnout number 1,2,3 and 4
    Cv 513 value = 2 will mean turnouts 5,6,7 and 8 cv 513 value = 3 will mean turnouts 9,10,11 and 12 and so on

are this decoders for magnetic articles (pulse ) or for permanent power switching

The decoder is for pulse (peco/fleischmann and atlas.

Please send me a manual by e-mail.

There is no manual just a short 3 page instruction which explains how to set the address and the turnout numbers (as above)

As I mentioned in my first post if I set the address of the decoder to 1 ie CV513=1 (turnouts 1,2,3 and 4)
    and I program a viessmann to have the same 4 turnouts (turnouts1,2,3 and 4)

And I switch any of the turnouts (1,2,3 or 4) then the turnouts wired to the decoder and the turnout wired to the viessmann decoder will both operate

If I remove the Viessmann decoder from the layout leaving only the decoder no turnouts operate. If I return the Viessman to the layout, both decoder operates the turnout requested.

It seems that when I try and switch a turnout, the commander checks to see if a decoder for that address is present and if so sends the packet of instructions.

If the commander does not find a decoder no instruction packets are sent.

The commander just wont recognise the decoder and thus dosnt issue the command packets.

Is there a cv value or some sort of signature that the commander expects to find to recognise the decoder?

Hope this can help

Cheers

Zenon

Heloo

I have a number of turnout decoders on my layout that are either Viessmann or lenz and all work well.

Recently I purchased a turnout decoder from a local builder, and I am unable to get the comm to recognise the decoder.

There are no problems with the decoder as I have tested it on a old Roco dcc system, a Ecos and a digitrax.

Setting an address for this decoder is unlike the lenz or viessmann. You must program it by setting an value in CV #513. Based on this value the turnout address values are setup. Eg setting CV 513 to the value 1 will set up for turnouts Number 1, 2, 3 and 4. If you set the cv to 2 the turnouts would be 5,6,7and 8 and so on.

I have tried setting the cv to various values and the turnouts do not respond.

However by mistake I set the cv value to 10 which sets turnouts 37,38,39 and 40 which were the turnouts already set up for one of my viessmann decoders and when I pressed the command to switch #37, both decoders responded and two turnouts were switched. (one from each decoder)

I repeated the above mistake with a different value that matvhed another lenz decoder and the same result...two turnouts switched

Can you offer a suggestion please?

Thanks

Zenon

Hi
    Thanks for your response. Fortunately I have found a way to convert the pdf to word myself, with no loss of formatting or graphics. I have been able to put the word document through a german english translator. A lot of meaning has been lost in the translation, but I am still 20-30% better off than I was yesterday.

Regarding your english version. Is it possible to do sections at a time over the next few months, concentrating on popular topics like routing and feedback. I know many of us non german speaking members would love to have those sections early, and wait for the rest at a later date?

Thanks

Zenon

Hi All

I know there have been some posts regarding an english(and others) version of the reference book.
    I have to say that is difficult to explore some of the Commanders great features on nothing but the quick start manual.
    Until a english version is produced, is it possible to get the german version in RTF (or word) format?

The pdf makes it difficult to use online translators. Those who have attempted it will know what I mean.

Cheers

Zenon

Hello all
    I am having problems in using Lokbildeditor to transfer new loco pics to my comm. I keep getting an exception error " port access denied " after pressing the send the image button. I have tried different usb cables, configured different com ports, and used both versions of the usb drivers (from the dvd and the later version on the support pages). has anyone had this problem and a solution?

I am using xp, the pc has 2 physical com ports. sotfware on the comm is v1.021
    Thanks

Zenon