I investigated all buses of Commander in case of Short Circuit, before develop this device.
All buses, (DCC-Main, DCC-Prog, Buster-DCC Buster-MOT HiSpeedBus and LowSpeedBus, BUT NOT s88! ) are turned off at version 1.35 firmware!
Right Commander's behaviour would be :
1) Freeze automatic and all commands for troubled bus. S88 must be also freezed (optioonally selector at start-up)
2) Turn-off only bus where troube occurs.
3) Allow user to connect turnouts and signals to the DCC prog bus (optional selector at startup).
This connection more professional, separating Rail DCC and Signal DCC buses, to wired separately!
This solution would alllow to correct turnout positions, when DCC-Main is turned off.
4) Turn-on DCC-Main gradually(selector at start up) . It's p[ossible to realize programmly, in new FirmWare, because Commander's PCB board allready has programmly-awailable DCC voltage regulator. This will avoid surge currents at startup, causing by powerpacks and decoder's capacitors.
5) I allready wrote EMail to Jurgen. He send it to developers group. May be, some of these suggestions would be applied at next firmware.
But it would be require some time, and I need to work right now! Therefore i develop these correction interface.