Beiträge von vadimav

Hello!

PROBLEM EXPLANATION at EXAMPLE:
    Some depot at railroad layouts have not any Turn-Table!
    Therefore, You cannot rotate locomotives !
    Nevertheless, almost all modern locomotives can use each side as front side!

Let us consider such situation:
    Locomotive is moving from depot into receiving-departure yard by using Commander.
    Locomotive join into train so that its front cabine watching onto vagon.
    As a result, locomotive must work as locomotive with reverse direction.
    If we launch a route we will have wrong direction of train motion and crash will happened!
    Usage of Decoder "CV"s for reversing is not convenient!

I SUGGEST:
    Please allow placing 2 checkboxes at menu of choosing locomotives for ZNR fields at track diagramm.
    Direction:
    (*) - Forvard
    (*) - Reverse
    And use this Flag at "Commander" logic.

It would be extremely convenient!

FOR FUTURE:
    Please correct logic of firmware where direction selection of motion in routes would be unambiguously associated with track-plan, using start and end contacts irrespective from direction of locomotive. Direction of locomotive must be choosed in ZNR menu, and, then, passed for all routes by relay - race automatically.
    During shunting (locomotive change) this direction must be easily corrected in ZNR menu.

-----------
    Vadim

Hello, John!

As i understood, You propose me to make a reed-contact switch, which will commitate S88 cable from Layout between Commander and HSI88 inputs?

P.S.
    Commander's s88 as well as HSI's s88 plugs generate syncrosignals to S88 and, then, receive datas. Therefore they cannot be used simultaneously. A short circuit will occur!

----------
    Vadim

Hello. At some situations it would be convenient to activate "on the way" commands not only at sensor rise front but also at sensor release(fall front).

Please, make this choise awailable at next firmware.
    It's easy and would allow to use less sensors at dead ends.
    Also, allowance of this choise would be useful at other pages in Route Editor!

ALSO:
    Commander's BUG FIX required!
    BUG Description:
    Route Editor/"On the way" page:
    In list of two or more different commands having the same RM contact - only one command is executed! Other - ignored! Commander must execute all commands!

--------
    Vadim.

Hello again!
    Thanks for respond!

But i mean that S88(any kind) is connected to Commander and S88 Occupancy will be imagined as at Commander screen as well as in IBM-PC via Lenz LI or other interface.
    IS IT POSSIBLE?
    Does Commander translate S88 status into XPress net plug?
    -----------
    Vadim

Hello to all!

QUESTION:

Does Lenz 2310 LI101F or Lenz 23151 Xpress to USB interfaces translate Commander's S88 occupancy status to IBM-PC?

Which way these occupancy status can be readed via IBM-PC software(TrainController or other)? As Roco Ocupancy, or anyone else?

------------
    Vadim

Yes, John
    Viessmann support team is very conservative and dont wish to change anything, loosing it's own money and market!

I cannot imagine why so happens?

Newertheless, let us continue:
    Also, it would be useful to add left and right sets of 24 hardvare buttons in new Viessmann Commander-2 together with implementing good screen without loosing of sensitivity, Windows portable system, and Freiwald portable Z21 TrainController 8.X or analogous ready-to use and bug-free train software.

P.S.
    Jurgen, please dont delete this message. Simply, help to realise abovementioned ideas, any You havea lot of progress and money!
    If You wish, I, and other engineering people from forum always ready to help and can take these tasks and help Viessman to make it!

------------
    With wish for Viessmann to be active!
    Vadim.

Zitat von Jürgen Meier

Should also f1 - f12 are switched together, there is only the same address in both decoders posible.
    The multi-traction served at f1-f12 the leading loko only.

Thanks!
    What is the sense of doing so? Please explain.

But how to transer function f1-f24 to slave cars of consist?

During shunting one can join to the same loco quite different cars with DCC decoders at different DCC addresses with interior light function at F1(for example).
    By the other hand: often changing CV1 in aim to equalize DCC addresses of cars and loco will lead to very fiddly procedure using programming track.
    It's obvious that this function must be easy transfered using consist,
    Also would be too useful to have ZNR names which must support composite names, and route editor must have coupling/decoupling functions.

Also please make automatical name transfer from one block to another when You moves loco by hand.
    Using track diagramm and implementing new bridge symbol, Commander's firmware can restore all chain of adjacent tracks and nodes, and can exactly pass name of loco when it moves by hand.
    A BIG ADVANTAGE will follow: Where is no need in Safe matrix. It will be created automatically from track diagramm and feedback information only! Now Commander have very un-effective use of track diagramm for point of automation.

Also it's easy to detect collisions, and if You mark trak as with "aggressive traffic" - coupling/decoupling incindent automatically will be detected and proceed!

Please do this at next firmware!

Thanks,
    Vadim.

----------------

Thanks for respond!

Can You answer me at 4 following questiuons:

1) How can i participate in Viessmann development group for Commander?

2) Where is the development and Betta-tester forum?

3) How can i start to be as a Betta-tester?

4) How about answer at my queastion about function transfer to slave cars at consist?

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello!

I wish to transfer functions to cars in consists.
    How i can do this?

I need consists because i have shunting work and need to change locos and cars in trains.

See also small video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HQherkC0fU

Let us consider the following example:

I make consist by means of Viessmann Commander using menus under icon with 2 lokos, and have in it:
    a) Loko as master and
    b) Train cars (which were created as another loko) with another DCC address, with light functions F1, F2 - as slaves,

As a result: function F1 and F2 does not pass from loko DCC to DCC addresses of slave cars in consist.

QUESTION:
    1) How i can repair this?

THE REASON:
    I need shunting work, like at my video, but i can not shut on/off lights of attached train in consist.

ANOTHER QUESTION:
    2) a)How i can achieve this using automation? How i can make composite names for ZNR fields(in route commands) and b) where is the operation functions between coupling/decoupling using for managing of consists as made in command stations of other manufacturers ?

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Zitat von driethenauer

Hallo vadim,

bitte was ist windows KPK?

I mean, that it will be covenient to take portable computer large (more larger and more bug-free than Commander-1 screen ) dependable touch screen and PC Net-Book mainboard with Net WiFi and USB ports, portable light Windows OS, and add to it booster, video cam grabers, railroad network...etc, and place it into box with 2 wheels, joystick and 24 functional buttons.
    Then You can negotiate with Freiwald or with Roco, and use Railroad & Co or RocRail software. They much more bug-free and much more convenient for many purposes and national systems of railroads.

I think that this way is more faster, progressive and cheaper, than the way of inventing it's own Viessmann "bi-cycle", stepping on the same rake (~trigger a backflash,~drop a brick )
    that Railroad & co stepped earlier, 10 years ago!

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

Ok!
    Please give this information to developer's group.

By the way, why my message about Commander 2 on base of Windows KPK was deleted?
    I think, it's a progressive way!

---------
    Vadim

Zitat von driethenauer

Hallo Vadim,

perhaps i understand your question wrong.

But usually the trackvoltage ist turn off, wenn there is a fail on the track.
    If all is ok you turn the voltage on. And than the automatic continue
    correctly. I mean that´s ok, absalutly.

No. I mean the following:
    I will explain with more details:

1) Red status can be produced as manually, when immediate freesing mode needed or may also be caused by short.

2)When track voltage is goes to off (red main button) under fully automatic mode,
    Commander don't wait green state and continue route executions, transmitting switching commands, loco commands,... etc, to zero output channell, indicating these doings on the screen as usual. - this is NOT CORRECT!

3) So that, when You swith back to green, loko will starts, because loco commands - are repeated infinitly, but turnouts will remain at old position, because turnout commands were sended at zero track voltage moment and because turnout commands are not repeated - we have wrong operation of locos! They move by wrong way!

Correct behaviour would be : when Red status occur - Commander must immediately stop any sending commands to zero voltage channel and wait green status, and then - cotinue, in aim to avoid loosing turnout commands!

===========
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello!

I need working conductive DCC catenary at N-Scale!
    Now i m trying to solder catenary wires to masts.
    It's too hard to solder! I sanded it well, and used very aggressive fluxes, but, results is not so satisfactory!
    Which flux must i use?
    Must i wear off plastic isolators? They melts very fastly!

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello.

It's worth to make selection menu when manually launch routes !

If i have 2(or more) routes from start to destination via intermediate station, and first route is locked - there is no alternative! I cannot launch second(third... e.t.c.) free routes!

Figure:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6618/5475818.e/0_81bcb_5ba8299_XL]

Selection menu should occur!

Please make this correction in new firmware!

--------
    Vadim