Posts by vadimav

Quote from Jürgen Meier

Should also f1 - f12 are switched together, there is only the same address in both decoders posible.
    The multi-traction served at f1-f12 the leading loko only.

Thanks!
    What is the sense of doing so? Please explain.

But how to transer function f1-f24 to slave cars of consist?

During shunting one can join to the same loco quite different cars with DCC decoders at different DCC addresses with interior light function at F1(for example).
    By the other hand: often changing CV1 in aim to equalize DCC addresses of cars and loco will lead to very fiddly procedure using programming track.
    It's obvious that this function must be easy transfered using consist,
    Also would be too useful to have ZNR names which must support composite names, and route editor must have coupling/decoupling functions.

Also please make automatical name transfer from one block to another when You moves loco by hand.
    Using track diagramm and implementing new bridge symbol, Commander's firmware can restore all chain of adjacent tracks and nodes, and can exactly pass name of loco when it moves by hand.
    A BIG ADVANTAGE will follow: Where is no need in Safe matrix. It will be created automatically from track diagramm and feedback information only! Now Commander have very un-effective use of track diagramm for point of automation.

Also it's easy to detect collisions, and if You mark trak as with "aggressive traffic" - coupling/decoupling incindent automatically will be detected and proceed!

Please do this at next firmware!

Thanks,
    Vadim.

----------------

Thanks for respond!

Can You answer me at 4 following questiuons:

1) How can i participate in Viessmann development group for Commander?

2) Where is the development and Betta-tester forum?

3) How can i start to be as a Betta-tester?

4) How about answer at my queastion about function transfer to slave cars at consist?

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello!

I wish to transfer functions to cars in consists.
    How i can do this?

I need consists because i have shunting work and need to change locos and cars in trains.

See also small video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HQherkC0fU

Let us consider the following example:

I make consist by means of Viessmann Commander using menus under icon with 2 lokos, and have in it:
    a) Loko as master and
    b) Train cars (which were created as another loko) with another DCC address, with light functions F1, F2 - as slaves,

As a result: function F1 and F2 does not pass from loko DCC to DCC addresses of slave cars in consist.

QUESTION:
    1) How i can repair this?

THE REASON:
    I need shunting work, like at my video, but i can not shut on/off lights of attached train in consist.

ANOTHER QUESTION:
    2) a)How i can achieve this using automation? How i can make composite names for ZNR fields(in route commands) and b) where is the operation functions between coupling/decoupling using for managing of consists as made in command stations of other manufacturers ?

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Quote from driethenauer

Hallo vadim,

bitte was ist windows KPK?

I mean, that it will be covenient to take portable computer large (more larger and more bug-free than Commander-1 screen ) dependable touch screen and PC Net-Book mainboard with Net WiFi and USB ports, portable light Windows OS, and add to it booster, video cam grabers, railroad network...etc, and place it into box with 2 wheels, joystick and 24 functional buttons.
    Then You can negotiate with Freiwald or with Roco, and use Railroad & Co or RocRail software. They much more bug-free and much more convenient for many purposes and national systems of railroads.

I think that this way is more faster, progressive and cheaper, than the way of inventing it's own Viessmann "bi-cycle", stepping on the same rake (~trigger a backflash,~drop a brick )
    that Railroad & co stepped earlier, 10 years ago!

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

Ok!
    Please give this information to developer's group.

By the way, why my message about Commander 2 on base of Windows KPK was deleted?
    I think, it's a progressive way!

---------
    Vadim

Quote from driethenauer

Hallo Vadim,

perhaps i understand your question wrong.

But usually the trackvoltage ist turn off, wenn there is a fail on the track.
    If all is ok you turn the voltage on. And than the automatic continue
    correctly. I mean that´s ok, absalutly.

No. I mean the following:
    I will explain with more details:

1) Red status can be produced as manually, when immediate freesing mode needed or may also be caused by short.

2)When track voltage is goes to off (red main button) under fully automatic mode,
    Commander don't wait green state and continue route executions, transmitting switching commands, loco commands,... etc, to zero output channell, indicating these doings on the screen as usual. - this is NOT CORRECT!

3) So that, when You swith back to green, loko will starts, because loco commands - are repeated infinitly, but turnouts will remain at old position, because turnout commands were sended at zero track voltage moment and because turnout commands are not repeated - we have wrong operation of locos! They move by wrong way!

Correct behaviour would be : when Red status occur - Commander must immediately stop any sending commands to zero voltage channel and wait green status, and then - cotinue, in aim to avoid loosing turnout commands!

===========
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello!

I need working conductive DCC catenary at N-Scale!
    Now i m trying to solder catenary wires to masts.
    It's too hard to solder! I sanded it well, and used very aggressive fluxes, but, results is not so satisfactory!
    Which flux must i use?
    Must i wear off plastic isolators? They melts very fastly!

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello.

It's worth to make selection menu when manually launch routes !

If i have 2(or more) routes from start to destination via intermediate station, and first route is locked - there is no alternative! I cannot launch second(third... e.t.c.) free routes!

Figure:

[Blocked Image: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6618/5475818.e/0_81bcb_5ba8299_XL]

Selection menu should occur!

Please make this correction in new firmware!

--------
    Vadim

Hello.

Although Commander's software has a lot of restriction, newertheless, it's worth to go to automatical shunting work.

Now i already have N-Scale shunting loco with knuckle autouncouplers & wireless technical vision system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD-7cixKD80

But in aim to automatical uncoupling/coupling Commander must make drammatical changes in software:

Must be added :
    0) Much more bugfree touchscreen!
    1) Ability to choose alternative routes(with the same start and dest) when launching via buttons.
    2) Extended ZNR names, including consist.
    3) Operations of coupling/decoupling with ZNR names and consist via Route commands and manually.
    4) Much more extended field in feedback page of routes for precise mooving via feedback.
    5) Specific routes.
    6) Enable list of Successors (next routes ) and it's management,.
    E.t.c.

Conclusion:
    Ther's a more simply way exists:
    Make a COMMANDER-2!

1) Take a KPK compact computer with portable windows and with big good-working touch screen!
    2) Add Functional buttons and velocity wheels to device body!
    3) Add internal booster, usb, and all RailRoad feedback networks.
    4) Add 2 videograbbers.(for shunting locos)
    5) Tell with Freiwald and integrate RailRoad and Co TrainController inside!

Then You will be free to update and bugfree for future!

------------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Quote from Jürgen Meier

Jurgen, I and my 3 friends newer try to damage our Commander's screen. We use only applied Viessmann stylus!

1) If You forget to insert 5V supply to USB port for external supply - it's BAD!
    Please make swithable 5V to USB at new hardware version of Viessmann.

At other hand:

2) You have one unusable slot at door below box of Commander.
    Please make hardware adapler to USB PC Mouse via this slot!
    OR
    Please change type of touch screen into more dependable, which is usually inserted into tabled IBM-PC, or like in I-Pads. We use it daily, but there is no problem with sensitivity for years!!! These screens can work everyday by years!

Why Viessmann screen is so unreliable?

-------
    Vadim

Yes! Falce working of screen - is obvious error!
    But loosing screen sensitivity with time - making any other further work with Commander absolutely unreachable!

Therefore USB mouse will help!

--------
    Vadim

Quote from Jürgen Meier

Dear Vadim, We have no problems with the touch screen display.
    But when the Calibration on your Commander not help, please send the Commander back to us for repairing.
    Its not possible to send you only a Touchscreen Display.

But why all my friends also have difficulties?
    What's happened?

To send Commander to Germany will take a lot of time. But our layouts must work every day!

-------
    Vadim

Quote from Jürgen Meier

Dear Vadim, again this information, it's not possible to contact the Mouse on Commander USB Port !!!!!.
    clean the screen and make a calibration with the Navigator and Display. Use for that the description in our Commander manual.

All cleaning and re-calibrations does not help!
    Please think about making USB port for PC-Mouse at future

Othervise, please ship me new screen as spare part!

-------
    Vadim

Quote from Jürgen Meier

Dear Vadim,
    It is not possible for us to understand your problem with the touchscreen.
    All commander users working successfully with the screen.
    It's easier to type on the screen as to use a mouse.
    That is our position.

But how to repair screen? Please help!
    I and my friends starts to have very POOR sensitivity of touch screen after small period of working with Commander!

USB PC-Mouse connected to Commander - the best way to resolve it!

Please make it!
    It's EASY!

-----------
    Vadim

Quote from driethenauer

Hallo Vadim,

du hast immer wieder gute Ideen.
    Wenn es einen Mausanschluss gebenen sollte, darf aber die Touch-
    bedienung nicht wegfallen.
    Ich zum Beispiel möchte keine Mouse, das ist mr viel zu langsam um schnell genau zu zielen.und auserdem dürften die Wenigsten genügent Platz am Modellbahntisch haben um die Mouse zu bedienen.
    Für das Arbeiten mit dem commander halte ich allerdings andere Dnge primär für wichtiger.

I and my viessman commander friends have ALMOST UNWORKABLE TOUCH SCREEN!!!!
    What must we do to reanimate it????

Only USB MOUSE for cursor can help!!!

Believe me!
    It's simply!
    You can use SQUARE to FLAT USB adapter to connect mouse!

-----------
    Vadim

Hello!

Touch Screen is strange degrading with time!

Therefore:

I and All my known users of Viessmann Commander Want to have USB PC-Mouse instead stylys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please add this ability!!!!!!!!!!

It would be REALLY HELPFULL!

When Update, mouse must be switched to data cable.
    It's EASY!

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hi!

I recently Tested V1.103 FirmWare

1) Permanenting of contact works properly. Thanks!

2) BUG with last command at "Switching commands" KARTE - still remains!
    Please leave last slot as EMPTY!
    Else ZNR Name translation to destination contact will be FAILED!

----------
    Vadim