Beiträge von vadimav

Hello TO ALL AGAIN!

I dont recieve any responds from Jurgen Meier about more than a wheek.
    Therefore i decide to write again there:
    Please help me to get E-Mails of MAIN PROGRAMMER to write him about bugs!

I found another TWO BUGS which significantly restricts ROUTE AUTOMATION ABILITIES:
    Now let us discuss it:

------------------------

1) DESCRIIPTION:
    FIRST BUG: Train names are not translated from first to end ZNR –field in case then last contacts( in cancellation contacts page) don’t belong to ZNR field.

This situation occurs in case of precise realistic stopping.
    This is illustrated on this figure:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/2914/vadimav.1/0_3a4c5_dce19640_L]

MY IDEA:
    Loco arives according white arrow
    When loco touches Contact 4 –it receives LocoIdSMini command and stops smoothly along all station ,up to very slow stationary speed (V=2, for ex.) reaching it at the end of “4”.
    When loco touches Contact 54 – it shunts smooth behavior(F4=ON) and stops immediately receiving LocoIDSStop.
    Unfortunately, Commander ignores fulfillment of two commands belonging the same contact
    (For example, I need F4-shunt and Stop command running simultaneously at activation of 54 contact. – it’s impossible now)
    Now Commander executes only last command pair among commands with the same contact number, regardless to the order. This fact is illustrated by this figure:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/2914/vadimav.1/0_3a4c6_d67683b0_L]

THIS IS THE SECOND BUG!

Let us continue: Therefore I can try to solve this problem by another way:
    I can run F4-shunt command at cancellation command page, making Contact 54 as cancellation contact. All works OK, except failure in Name translation to ZNR field of Contact 4, which is not pointed now as cancellation contact .

SOLUTION(Please tell it to main programmer of Commander):

NAMELY:
    1)Please BE SIMPLY in programming! Please translate Name to all ZNR fields belonging to whole route! You always have one train per route! There are no reason for errors doing so!

2)Also enable ability to execute 2 or more commands belonging to the same contact at "on the way" page( In aim to make shunting for precise stopping and other functions for locomotives.)

For more convenience You can organize this page as follows:

---------------------
    CONTACT N1
    command1
    command2.
    ----------------------
    CONTACT N…
    command1
    command2.
    command3
    ----------------------
    ---------------------
    CONTACT N25
    command1
    ---------------------

====================

We have very slow progress in removing bugs at this forum.
    Can You call to the main programmer immediately ?
    OR:
    If this impossible, can You tell me the telephone of main programmer, I will find out my German friend and he will call by this phone.

--------------------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

P.S.
    This 2 suggestions is also added to Wunche section/International Wunches

Hello!

What do You think about necessity of Loco ID E Stop (Emergency Stop) command in Route editor.
    This stop occurs immediately when You are pressing on left or right knob of Commander.
    All smoothings are shunt in this case.

As i believe, it would be too pretty to have this command in ROUTE EDITOR!
    It will be quite usefull when You make precise stop of loco at the end of station way.
    In this case when loco slowly reaches last small cornering block section contact, it will stop precisely at joint place. In addition there is no necessity to make functional shunting os smoothing (F4)

What do You think about it?

Please tell programmers to add this command into Route Editor.
    MoreOver it would be simply realised, because Commander already have this command inside.

------
    Vadim

How did You BRAKE?/How to brake precisely at front of RED signall?

Usually we wish to have as much as possible cars in trains, to be placed in stations. This is a good idea! But how to realise precise braking, in aim to be placed whole train at station way?

There are 2 methods which i tested:

1) Using decoders with ABC properties. (DCC: Lenz, Zimo, LokPilot) These decoders realise braking with constant braking distance , when receive stop signal. These algorythm realized inside decoder's processor using Back- EMF. This method allow to stabilize braking distance, for all speeds and train loads. But Back EMF can degrade with time, and very precise braking is not possible. Typical accuracy is equal to 15%

2) Using separation of station way into 3 insulated block sections: Main section and 2 boundary short sections. (so called HWD-sections to prevent cornering last and first cars by motion of side train)
    But there are RESTRICTION FOR COMMANDER to realise this method: This method requires LocoIDSMini command at beginning of main module(it's possible), but in aim to stop directly at the front of boundary module, it requires simultaneous execution of TWO commands: 1) Function F4 ON - to shunt smoth behaviour of Loco , and 2) LocoIDSStop- in aim to be stopped immediately.

RESTRICTION IS: Commander HAVENT ANY FREE SPACE AT "ON THE WAY" PAGE of Route Editor.

------

How do You OVERCOME this disadvantages?
    How do You stop Locos precisely?

Please tell about Your experience!

ALSO: If You ll see PROGRAMMERS from Commander, Please TELL HIM to expand ON THE WAY page!

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello.

As i recently debugged, Locomotive commands (in automatic routes) send commands not only for Loco, which CV1 (address) presents in ZNR-field, but also for another loco in parallell wich address is equal to number of this loco in Loco DataBase.

For example:
    If You will have Loco with CV1=1 , which has N=52 in LocoDatabase ,
    then, this combination will lead to two real packets in DCC - For Loco with CV1=1 and for loco with CV1=52 with the same command!

So strange bug!
    (How many beer must be drinken in aim to write such codes! - I SHOCKED!)

MOREOVER: If this number dont fall on real loco - Commander swiched into MIXED MODE(WHY???) and will start sending MOTOROLLA pockets untill being restarted!!!! (DCC lights start blinking)
    If this numbel will fall on another loco - both locos will execute command (stopped, for ex.), namely: One - controlled for this route (it's normal (ok)), Other - running on independant route!!!!! Therefore other route can suspend or crashed or....!!!!

CONCLUSION:
    NUMBERS OF LOCOS IN LOCO DATABASE MUST BE THE SAME AS THEIR CV1 (or addresses)
    In this case ALL BE OK, because this command will be duplicated to the same loco.

EXCLUSION: DONT MAKE ANY LOCO with N=3 in DATABASE or WITH CV1=3
    This position will be always CLEARED at restart (WHY???).

--------
    THANKS,
    VADIM

Thanks
    driethenauer !

I also think and agree, that Commander needs a lot of more significant changes than Random Command. I already wrote about it in "International Wunche" post, which was wroten in Wunche section of forum. I wrote about specific routes, about some errors which i debuged by VideoCamera .... etc. It's too important, no doubt!
    But, newertheless, randomisation of routes is another important thing for making realism.

==========

Thanks,
    Viel Grüße

I found only Viessmann info email address.
    I wrote to this address at morning 17.
    Now i still dont receive any answer.
    I think, it's worth to wait 1-2 days.

-------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

Zitat von driethenauer

Hallo vadim,
    But there are on Viessmannpage the phones and informations for services,
    there you can speak Herr Meier directly and you can get
    answers for important questions imidiately, too.

Hello driethenauer

Please tell me about coordinates for communication with Herr Meier.
    I cannot find out it on Viessmann homepage.
    May be this is all because I search on english?

-------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello!

I think, that addition of Random wait (HourGlass) command would be too usefull for commander.
    I mean this command must have two time limits T min and Tmax - so that between them - random values of waiting would be generated.

This command would be useful for make realism in Switching page for randomise delay in LocoStart
    Also it would be useful at Cancellation page for randomisation of switching off lights!
    (there are no any wait in V1.052)

What do You think about it?

(This info i also integrated into "International Wunche" post in Wunche section of forum)
    ------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

Hello.

EXPLANATION:
    If You ll type LocoRStop command in On The Way page of Route Editor, this doings can cause stop commands to other locos. In the same time, Commanders Screen can be somewhere distorted by the red-dark stripes. If You use DCC locos - Lights can start blinking due to commands to unused locos always swich command format from DCC to Motorolla (why?).

CONCLUSION:
    1)If You ll see Commander's programmers, please tell him about this error.
    2)Use SStop instead.
    3) If screen has a distorsion - dont save, exit and restart.

May be, this discovered error described here can help another people who read this english message.

--------
    Vadim.

Hello!
    I have a QUESTION:

Why Automatic FAILS if I m mooving another(NON-AUTOMATIC) train manually?

EXPLANATION:
    Ihave switched on FULL AUTOMATIC mode.
    I have ALL DCC locos.
    I moove DCC loco at separate track.
    This loco does not included in automation process.
    Then, locos at automatic routes are receiving stops after some time, and stopped at the middles of routes.

HELP!
    HOW TO REMOVE THIS AFFECTION?

-------
    Thanks.
    Vadim.

Hello.
    I debugged route automation (v 052) for a long time using VideoCamera, and detect some features:

LIST OF RESTRICTIONS (IN ROUTE EDITOR):

1) Never add any commands after LocoStart command in switching field.
    These Last fields have a cros-sections with links to names in ZNR fields.
    If You will fill these last field with commands - ZNR indentification and name transfer will be incorrect.

2)Newer make more than 3 commands in Cancellation page.
    If You ll don't do so, Automation will suspend after fullfillments of about 2-3 routes.

BUG REMOVAL:

What must You do for Route automation BUG removal:

Detected BUGS:
    - Unconditional(undescribed in route) loco stop anywhere in the middle of route.
    - Commands to other locos (undescribed in route)
    - Lights switching errors.

HOW TO REMOVE:

1) Feel all empty fields in switching page with time delay command.
    2) Save it.
    3) Carefully clear all these fields.
    4) Save it

5) Do the same at Cancellation page with Light command.

EXPLANATION:
    Due to error in cycle indexing (inattentive programming of Commander's group)
    these field can have hidden commands which can be fulfilled. This algorythm will clear it.
    - Dont leave in these fields any commands. These fields must be empty at the end of process!

ALSO be careful and dont make more than 24 intersecting routes at Safe Matrix

--------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

Hello Pierre !

Please fully read link
    http://germanrail.8.forumer.co…help-needed_post2496.html

It's on German. I cannot clearly translate it. It's about Commander and WinDigiped link.

If Commander havent any ability for linking to WinDigipet, Tht Commander's programm itself must be CLEARLY PERFECT!

But NOW this programm is TOO RAW with a lot of programm bugs and small abilities.

Namely:
    -There are very small quantity of entries in respect contacts field(5), in on the way commands(3), and in the lock matrix(24). For realistic train movements and safety, more than 100 fields needed for each section!

- There no commands for functions and waiting in on the way commands. (to shut off the lights with delay after stop )

- There are no waiting commands in cancellation.

-There are no ability for duplication touch screen by of Joystick and keys.

- There are a lot of hidden commands which covered by "no command" fieds. I debug routes making video of layout and diagramm in motion, and finded out a lot of such situation. Probably, this is because of mis-indexing in route cycles due to inattentive programming of Commander programmers.

-Another error - false addition loco commands, which are not presented in active route, but affects on behaviour of other locos (unconditional stops, reversing and function switching )

Having a lot of headpain i would plan to use expanded train control via Commanderm connected to IBM-PC with DigiPet.

But, as You told, it's not possible((((

May be the affairs with Commander is not so drammatical?
    May be it's worth to open it for IBM-PC for train control?
    May be it's worth to make some analogous al language "Basic" where each user can take responsibility for your's own programm and routes?

---------
    Vadim

Zitat von driethenauer

Hallo vadim,

have i understand you rigth.
    You take win-digipet together with the commander?
    I don´t know that that is posssibel.
    Is that new?.
    Were can i see it?

As We already know, Commander has USB interface with IBM-PC.
    I mean that it's possible.
    Somewhere i see in Commander's manual about compartibility with DiGiPed.

For example:
    http://germanrail.8.forumer.co…help-needed_post2496.html

Recently i fully understood and adjusted Commanders authomation on my test layout.
    This automation havent specific routes for cpecific locomotives.
    Therefore i wish to have more reality in my layout and i wish to launch and adjust WinDigiPet on my IBM-PC together with Commander.

But now i have installed Deutsch WinDigiPet, and still cannot find out option how to switch it on English.

Please help, if You or anybody other knows it.

------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello.

WinDigiPed Programm usually is adding in addition to Commander in aim to improove automation by using IBM-PC.

I tried to instal and use WinDigiPed.
    At last, I installed it successfully.
    But i cannot find out how to switch English in it.
    All menu is on Deutsch, and i m disorienred at all, finding it.

Please help who knows how to make it.

---------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

Ok? thanks.
    Is this post on Deutsch?
    Please give me a link to this post(Herr Meier from 19. Jan. 2010). I ll slowly try to translate word by word using dic's. I cannot freely search on Deutsch. Sorry.

From another way, does ViessMann programmers plan to increase length of this Matrix(and other disscussed features) in next version?
    And main question: When ViessMann programmers plan to release new version?

----------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Hello.

I ve had another headpain with programming automation at the Commander.

Namely:

In Cancellation page of Route editor:
    If You remove some first commands (due to edition process) and make them empty, the behaviour of route changes. It looks like Stop Command added immediatlely after start comand (LocoFMini) in swiching field.

Solution:

1)Remove first emty fields at Cancellation page
    2)At switching page - add, save and remove to all empty fields(empty fields after LocoStart command) any other command. It will remove hidden comands in the list.

---------------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

RESUME:

V052 has slow screen refresh of diagramm when it works in automatic mode.
    Some contacts can be imagined as busy, but route program knows real status more clearly, and seems as working correctly.
    Yellow routes also has bad refresh. Many of old pieces which must be removed at cancellation remains in diagramm.

MY WISH: please improve refresh of screen in this situation.

-----------
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Zitat von driethenauer

Hallo Vadim,

please adjust the display.
    See referencebook about that.

Thanks,
    I adjusted display by calibration.
    If i make centred (true, as in manual) calibration - this problem still remains.
    If i make shifted calibration (i m pressing at one(right) side of each inner circle) -
    non-damaged places of touch screen becomes sensible, and i can work, pressing at the edges of buttons.

My question - is it possible to regenerate sensibility of all screen?

-------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

Hello.
    After long understanding of crashes of my automated movements, and after a lot of headpain, i detect, that SAFE MATRIX cannot be more than 40routes long! (see route editor - safe matrix page). I have about 50 routes at my layout. Therefore Matrix requires more than 40 entries for some routes. I usually pressed AutoMatrixAdjust button, and i obtained no errors, even this space conflict took place. AS A RESULT: Absence of some important routes at locking matrix was HIDDEN from me !

This information would be important for users.
    Also there are a wish (wunsche) for PROGRAMMERS:
    (duplicated in "Wunche/International wunches" post )

Please remove restriction on quantity of locked routes. Now it is equal to 40.(Length of list)
    If MTX ADJ command exceed these limits - Commander dont say error, but trains will have a lot of crashes! and You ll have a lot of pain WHY!

ALSO: Please making workable multiple using of time-locking commands at cancellation page in Route editor at cancellation page. If i use 2 or more routes as time-interlocked - all automation process can suspend after 5-10 minutes, and then it can start again to very strange behaviour with crashes.
    (I also spent 2 days of headpain, understanding it!!!! )
    -------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.

Hello.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    I used commander during 5 days of test programming.
    Reactions of some screen buttons at touch pen was sufficiently diminished at 5-th day!
    I used touch pen only, and pressed on buttons always slightly (accurately).
    Buttons at Left upper corner of screen have no sensibility at all!

QUESTION(?)
    -HOW TO REANIMANE SENSITIVITY OF TOUCH-SCREEN?
    -Is it hardware malfunction or more soft kind of problem?

I ve got these Commander as test sample , obtained from railroad-modelling company [stores].
    Earlier, I planed to buy Commander after testing, but after this problem my wish is sufficiently diminishing.

May be, only first generatons of Commanders have this problem. Is it right?
    This Commander was issued at 2008, and serial N: 00BE0A6C. (initial software version was - v028)

SUGGESTION TO PROGRAMMERS OF COMMANDER:
    Please, if possible, add ability to pressing all screen buttons by joystick!

Please help and explain, who knows how to solve this problem.
    --------
    Thanks,
    Vadim.