Beiträge von John Ferguson

Dear Jurgen

We are fortunate in owning a product that is so well supported by the Company and with an organisation prepared to incorporate enhancements suggested by the users.

A brilliant update. Well done to all concerned.

Am enjoying the process of exploring the software.

John

It is my experience as well that 3 fixed speeds for each loco are not sufficient to slow and stop engines accurately at signals and platforms.

This is because layouts vary and stopping on curves changes the effect of speed controls. Stopping distances will vary according to the type of layout. It is easier on large layouts to have similar stopping distances but on layouts in houses space is very restricted and stopping precisely is quite difficult.

Hence I would like the Company to include 5 fixed speeds in a future update.

John

Dear Jurgen

A solution is available to use smart phones and IPads with the Commander.

I am using a smart phone to drive trains via the Commander by connecting a Lenz LI-USB XpressNet PC interface to the LSB port.

This communicates with open source RocRail PC software via a wireless router. A separate PC has to be used to the one used for backups to avoid conflict with the FTDI drivers. It does seem to me that with some adjustment to the usb driver software the Company would be able to offer this or similar solution without any major changes to the Commander.

While I accept that the Commander was conceived to work without computer control, being capable of full automation, some owners are not comfortable with the wired handsets by Lenz and Roco to which you refer.

Not all owners wish to restrict their activities to automation but instead wish to drive trains directly under manual control as well, also a feature of the Commander.

Regards

John

Hi Jose

Your information about the problem with my Commander is most useful.

The PC interface I use is the Lenz LI-USB device which works fine on the LSB XpressNet connection.

However the FTDI drivers will interfere with the similar drivers used for the backup programme. Hence I use another PC for the backup.

Regards

John

Dear Jurgen

I have calibrated the navigator and the display many times without achieving a satisfactory solution.

At the moment the turnout/point area is operated by touching the screen just below the area for their operation. In other words outside the area. This was necessary as otherwise no operation was possible. I achieved this by touching the two uppermost yellow circles in the display calibration screen at the bottom of the outer circle. Touching the centre of these circles results in no operation being possible.

I did succeed somehow in operating the turnouts/points by touching the screen to the right of the operating area but went back to the above solution as preferred.

I suspect that my calibration of the navigator may be the problem.

My method is to get the 4 blue dots to appear then to position the orange dot with the navigator at the centre of the white cross.
    Then still holding the navigator after it has been pressed at that position I wait for the blue dot to move to the centre before pressing the navigator again.

Is this the correct method?

The question is should the navigator be moved for the second time it is pressed to position the blue dot centralised over the white cross or do the orange and blue dots have to overlap in some way?

Have you tested your Commander to see whether it performs satisfactorily?

Regards

John

Dear Jurgen Meier

When I use the touch screen to operate turnouts/points in manual mode I can only do this by touching the bottom area only of the touch box area for points at the top of the screen.

The remaining area of the operating box zone is inactive.

No amount of calibrating the screen can cure this problem.

1. Is this unique for my system?

2. If not can this be cured at the next update please?

Regards

John Ferguson

Dear Jurgen Meier

On page 126 of the German language version of the user manual there are symbols printed for the locomotive functions.

The list ends with the statement that they "will be continued" likewise in the English language version of the manual. However there is nothing printed on the next page.

Please could we have the remainder of the descriptions for the symbols which exist in the Commander?

They are not always obvious.

By the way now I have the English version of the manual I have understood for the first time the use of the Conductor command.

Regards

John

Dear Jurgen Meier

The need for access to functions F13-24 is now a major requirement with the use of sound decoders.

These devices have many sounds controlled by these function buttons. So many functions are mapped to sounds that remapping in the decoder is not an option.

Some sound decoders have over 24 different sounds to be controlled.

Please can the Viessmann development team provide a solution in the next update?

Regards

John

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Viessmann team for a wonderful year of support. It is pleasing that our investment in the Commander is a very valuable feature of ownership.

Best wishes for Christmas and the new year.

John Ferguson