Beiträge von John Ferguson

Dear Jurgen Meier

Congratulations in setting up a section for English speaking users.

Speaking as a member of this community I would like to know how many people belong to this group in the UK.

Assuming that it is not a commercial secret can we know how many Commander units have been delivered to the UK market since it was launched?

I am aware that the Company does not supply direct to UK customers but I would have thought that the Company must know how many units have been delivered to the UK.

Regards

John Ferguson

This may be of interest to users with sound decoders.

I have a number of locos equipped with sound decoders. I have found that it is not useful for all the sounds to be produced at the same time as they overlap and spoil the effect.

To tackle this problem I decided that the sound should be switched off when a loco had reached the destination and had come to a halt.

The problem I encountered was that the function to turn off the sound in the card that deactivates the route turns off the sound before the loco comes to a halt. I am slowing the loco by a large value entered in CV 4 for effect.

My solution is to turn off the sound in route index card 4 for the next following route with a short delay beforehand to allow time for the loco time to come to a halt. The entry in this card would specify the address of the loco that needs the sound to be turned off even if this is different from the address of the loco controlled by that route.

John Ferguson

Dear Jurgen Meier

Please can you say how the RailCom detector 5303 can be used with the Commander?

For example how does it connect and what will the Commander do with the information returned?

Best wishes

John Ferguson

Dear Jurgen Meier

I think that there is a case to form a United Kingdom user group so that people can share experience and help each other.

After all there is no possiblity of taking advantage of the training courses offered by the Company in Germany.

1. Can you say how many people in the UK actually own the Commander?

2. Is is possible for me to have contact details or for you to contact UK owners to see whether a user group could be formed?

Regards

John Ferguson

Dear Jurgen Meier

One of the most useful features introduced in the recent update is the ability to test a route in the direct mode of operation.

By this means a single route can be tested.

The problem for users is that the turnout positions are not updated in the display when the route is run. This can only be corrected by restarting the Commander.

Please can this problem be sorted out in the next update.

Best wishes

John Ferguson

Dear Vadim

Your experoence and others in my opinion is the difference between users experience and the manufacturer. The former use the Commander daily and the manufacturer does not.

As a user I find the touch screen like you is not accurate in terms of positioning where action is required. For example selecting a turnout at the top of the screen will often select the loco list by mistake.

The calbration of the screen is also very difficult to achieve. Sometimes it takes 6 attempts before it is successful.

I can well understand your wish to have a mouse connected so that precise positioning can be achieved.

A few tests by the manufacturer will illustrate the problem and persuade them to improve the product. If a mouse is too difficult perhaps the touchscreen software could be improved.

John

Dear Jurgen

I have a number of momentary track sensors (MOM) using the S88 system. Some are working normally in that they change back to grey after the train has passed. I am operating them via reed switches and magnets fixed to the underside of the trains.

However some of this type of track sensor will not return to grey after a train has passed by. This can be overcome by setting these sensors to be switched off in route card 7. This situation may have occured when I made the mistake of setting two separate sensors to have the same reference numbers. This may have confused the software.

Is there any action I can take to get all the (MOM) sensors to work normally?

Regards

John

I have two impulse track sensors created with the MOM command.

They are based on the use of reed switches which turn the track sensor red on the track diagram.

The problem is they remain red after the train has passed. No amount of action to delete them and create them again will cure the problem.

Can someone suggest a cure for this problem please?

John

Hallo Bruno

If your problem is with the calibration of the display then this is not surprising considering how difficult I have found to to be even though following the guidance in the manual.

If it is not dome properly you can not click on the display with any accuracy.

This is my approach.

1. Click on the four symbols for the display before calibrating the navigator.

2. For the navigator calibration move it to the maximum extent right and left and and up and down to provide the blue dots. Then center the red dot accuractely in the centre of the cross with the navigator and press one of the direction keys. Do not press the navigator as recommended in the manual as it is difficult to hold it in position. Then move the blue dot very carefully to the centre of the cross but only press the direction key when you get a white cross in the centre of the blue dot. This requires a steady hand with the navigator to hold the blue cross in position.

3. Then calibrate the display only again. May not be necessary in some cases.

Google translation to follow

John

Hallo Bruno

Wenn Ihr Problem mit der Kalibrierung des Displays dann ist dies nicht überraschend, bedenkt man, wie schwer ich habe gefunden werden, um sein, obwohl nach der Anleitung im Handbuch.

Ist dies nicht der Kuppel kann man nicht richtig auf dem Display mit einiger Genauigkeit zu klicken.

Das ist mein Ansatz.

1. Klicken Sie auf die vier Symbole für die Anzeige vor dem Kalibrieren des Navigators.

2. Für die Kalibrierung Navigator verschieben Sie es so weit nach rechts und links und oben und unten und die blauen Punkte geben. Dann Zentrum der red dot accuractely in der Mitte des Kreuzes mit dem Navigator und drücken Sie eine der Richtungstasten. Drücken Sie nicht auf den Navigator wie in der Anleitung empfohlen, da es schwierig, halten Sie es in Position ist. Dann bewegen Sie den blauen Punkt sehr genau auf die Mitte des Kreuzes aber nur, drücken Sie die Richtung gedrückt, wenn Sie ein weißes Kreuz in der Mitte des blauen Punkt bekommen. Dies erfordert eine ruhige Hand mit dem Navigator auf das blaue Kreuz in Position zu halten.

3. Dann kalibrieren Sie die Anzeige nur noch einmal. Möglicherweise nicht in einigen Fällen notwendig.

Dear Jürgen Meier

I wish to report a fault in the updating of the display as far as the turnouts are concerned.

To set the turnouts for my main line I have two blue button symbols for a manual operated route. One for the start and one for the destination.

Operating them from the track display by touching them the turnouts are set correctly and the display is updated correctly.

However if the route is operated in direct mode the turnouts are set correctly but the display is wrong as the turnout positions are not updated.

It is not a major problem for me but I though that you might like to know this. It is just something I noticed as I am happy to set the track via the display which opersted normally as explained above.

The effect does not happen with an automatic route.

Best wishes - Google translation to follow.

John

Lieber Jürgen Meier

Ich möchte einen Fehler in der Aktualisierung der Anzeige, soweit es die Weichen betrifft berichten.

Um die Weichen für meine Hauptstrecke gesetzt Ich habe zwei blaue Taste Symbole für eine manuelle Bedienung Route. Eine für den Start und einen für das Ziel.

Betriebssystem sie von der Strecke Anzeige durch Berühren sie die Weichen richtig eingestellt sind und das Display wird korrekt aktualisiert.

Allerdings, wenn die Route im Direkt-Modus betrieben wird, die Weichen sind richtig eingestellt, aber die Anzeige ist falsch, da die Wahlbeteiligung Positionen nicht aktualisiert werden.

Es ist kein großes Problem für mich, aber ich dachte, die Ihnen vielleicht gefallen, dies zu wissen. Es ist einfach etwas, bemerkte ich, wie ich gerne den Titel über das Display, die normalerweise opersted wie oben beschrieben eingestellt bin.

Der Effekt tritt nicht mit einer automatischen Route passieren.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Google-Übersetzung zu folgen.

I found that the turnouts and signals with blue boxes round them indicate that no address has been set.

John

Translation from Google

Ich fand, dass die Weichen und Signale mit blauen Kästen um sie anzuzeigen, dass keine Adresse festgelegt wurde.