Beiträge von John Ferguson

Dear Jurgen

Please can you advise me about one of the new features.

Immediately below the 6 booster indicators there are 4 symbols which when clicked on appear to have no purpose.

An explanation for these would be useful to complete my understanding.

Best wishes

John

Lieber Jürgen

Bitte können Sie mir raten, über eines der neuen Features.

Unmittelbar unter den 6 Booster Indikatoren gibt es 4 Symbole, die, wenn sie auf scheinbar keinen Zweck geklickt haben.

Eine Erklärung für diese wäre es sinnvoll, mein Verständnis zu vervollständigen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dear Jurgen

I have loaded and tested the Commander with the update 1.10 and found many improvements. I have had no problems and I am enjoying the new features. Especially the route list in direct mode for testing purposes.

The scrolling of the screen similarly to that on smart phones is really very useful and totally unexpected. The yellow track colour denoting a route now applies to the whole screen to work with the scrolling feature.

Our concerns with the turnout symbols in route index cards are also now correct.

I would hope that the development team will have time to update the manual in June both for the German and English editions.

Please pass my congratulations to everybody involved for a very successful update.

John - Translation to follow from Google Translator

Lieber Jürgen

Ich habe geladen und der Kommandant mit dem Update 1.10 getestet und viele Verbesserungen. Ich habe keine Probleme und ich genieße die neuen Features. Vor allem die Route Liste im Direkt-Modus für Testzwecke.

Das Scrollen auf dem Bildschirm ähnlich wie auf Smartphones ist wirklich sehr nützlich und völlig unerwartet. Die gelbe Farbe Track bezeichnet eine Route gilt nun für den ganzen Bildschirm, um mit dem Scroll-Funktion arbeiten.

Unser Anliegen mit den Symbolen Wahlbeteiligung in Route Karteikarten sind auch nun korrekt.

Ich hoffe, dass das Entwicklungs-Team wird Zeit haben, um den manuellen im Juni sowohl für die deutsche und englische Ausgabe zu aktualisieren.

Bitte leiten Sie meine Glückwünsche an alle für eine sehr erfolgreiche Aktualisierung beteiligt.

John

Dear Joachim

I to have found the lack of slots in some of the index cards to be a problem.

I have solved this by breaking routes into sub routes. This is subject to having enough track sensors for the start and end for each route.

John

Google-Übersetzung zu folgen

Lieber Joachim

I, um das Fehlen von Schlitzen in einigen der Karteikarten gefunden haben, ein Problem zu sein.

Ich habe dies erreicht, indem Routen in Untergruppen Strecken gelöst. Dies ist abhängig von genügend Track-Sensoren für den Beginn und das Ende für jede Strecke.

John

Dear Wolfgang

A problem I forgot to mention was that the Lenz LI-USB interface uses similar FDTI drivers to the Viessmann backup programme. Hence these will conflict if you try to run them both on the same PC.

My solution is to use two PC's. One for the backup and one for the LI-USB.

You may have a similar problem if the Lenz Ethernet interface uses FDTI drivers.

John

From Google

Lieber Wolfgang

Ein Problem, das ich vergaß zu erwähnen, dass die Lenz LI-USB-Schnittstelle ähnlich FDTI Treiber verwendet, um die Viessmann-Backup-Programm. Daher werden diese Konflikte, wenn Sie sie beide auf dem gleichen PC auszuführen.

Meine Lösung ist, um zwei PCs verwenden. Ein für die Sicherung und eine für die LI-USB.

Möglicherweise haben Sie ein ähnliches Problem, wenn der Lenz Ethernet-Schnittstelle verwendet FDTI Treiber.

I am using the Lenz LI-USB interface connected directly to the LSB without using the LA 152.

I have two methods for connecting an Android phone as a remote wireless handset for driving locomotives.

Method 1 (the best)

Installing on a PC RocRail open source software and on the phone installing from the Android Market the AndRoc application.

The authors of RocRail will require a donation of 10 dollars to unlock this facility.

Method 2

Installing on the PC JMRI open source software and on the phone installing from the Android Market the Engine Driver - Connect to JMRI Throttle application.

I believe TouchCab have a solution to use the Lenz Ethernet device with Apple's ITouch device as a remote wireless handset.

John

Here is my reply in German from the Google Translator.

Ich bin mit dem Lenz LI-USB-Schnittstelle direkt an den LSB, ohne die LA 152 verbunden.

Ich habe zwei Methoden für die Verbindung ein Android-Handy als Fernbedienung für mobile Endgeräte für den Antrieb Lokomotiven.

Methode 1 (die besten)

Installation auf einem PC RocRail Open-Source-Software und auf dem Handy installieren aus dem Android Market die AndRoc Anwendung.

Die Autoren der RocRail erfordert eine Spende von 10 Dollar auf dieser Anlage zu entsperren.

Methode 2

Die Installation auf dem PC JMRI Open-Source-Software und auf dem Handy installieren aus dem Android Market der Lokomotivführer - Verbinden Sie JMRI Gas-Anwendung.

Ich glaube, TouchCab haben eine Lösung für die Lenz-Ethernet-Gerät mit Apples ITouch Gerät verwenden als eine Remote-Wireless-Handset.

John

Dear Jurgen Meier

We are all I am sure looking forward to the update to renew our enthusiasm for the Commander.

Will it include revised versions of the German and English editions of the manuals so that we can take advantage of the any new features?

Best wishes to you and the development team.

Here is a translation from Google translator.

John Ferguson

Lieber Jürgen Meier

Wir sind alles, was ich bin sicher, freuen sich auf das Update auf unsere Begeisterung für den Commander zu erneuern.

Wird es auch überarbeitete Versionen der deutschen und englischen Ausgaben der Handbücher, so dass wir den Vorteil der alle neuen Funktionen nutzen zu können?

Best wishes to you und dem Entwicklerteam.

Hi Vadim

I agree with you that the illumination of a route should cover the whole length of the track but it seems that only showing the illumination on the visible screen without scrolling is the best the Company can offer. I would expect this to be corrected in a future update.

John

I have received an explanation from Jurgen Meier about the illumination of routes.

The reason the whole of the route is not illuminated is that it only applied to the visible part of the track layout. Hence if the screen is scrolled that part which was not previously visible will not be illuminated. I no longer consider this to be a fault in the system.

John

Ich habe eine Erklärung von Jürgen Meier über die Beleuchtung der Wege erhalten.

Der Grund der ganzen Strecke nicht beleuchtet ist, dass es nur auf den sichtbaren Teil der Streckenführung angewendet. Daher, wenn der Bildschirm gescrollt wird, dass ein Teil, die vorher nicht sichtbar wird nicht beleuchtet werden. Ich weiß nicht mehr halten dies für einen Fehler im System sein.

Dear Vadim

Jurgen advised me to use the memory cleaner and save the switch details to deal with the bugs in the screen display.

Here is the result.

Use of the memory cleaner and saving the switches has almost eliminated the wrong symbols for switches in index card 4. However if you use the scroll bars instead of the up and down arrows some symbols are wrong for a time.

The execution of automatic and manual routes is satisfactory for the operation of trains but many of the switch positions on the screen are not correct. No amount of saving will correct this problem. The yellow illumination of routes still fails to show the full extent of a route. If the Commander is restarted then the switch positions are correct but this is very inconvenient.

John

Lieber Jurgen

Die Nutzung der Speicher-Reiniger und Speichern der Schalter hat fast die falschen Symbole für Schalter in Index-Karte 4 eliminiert. Allerdings, wenn Sie die Bildlaufleisten anstelle der oben und unten Pfeile verwenden einige Symbole sind für eine Zeit falsch.

Die Ausführung von automatischen und manuellen Routen ist zufriedenstellend für den Betrieb von Zügen, aber viele von den Schalterstellungen auf dem Bildschirm sind nicht korrekt. Keine noch so große Einsparung wird dieses Problem beheben. Die gelbe Beleuchtung der Strecken immer noch nicht das volle Ausmaß der Route anzuzeigen. Wenn der Commander neu gestartet wird dann die Schalterstellungen sind korrekt, aber das ist sehr unbequem.

Bitte kann eine Person beauftragt, diese Fehler in der Bildschirmdarstellung zu beheben.

Dear Jurgen

I have used the memory cleaner programme and here is the result.

1. Turnout symbols in the route editor card 4 were still wrong in many instances. However there were less wrong ones after I had saved all the turnout addresses again.

2. Editing turnouts in the same card 4 when moving to the track plan is a problem in some cases because the turnout changes on the track but the turnout symbol on the track plan does not change.

3. Operating a manual or automatic route works satisfactorily but not all the turnout symbols change on the screen. Shutting down and restarting corrects the turnout symbols which were wrong.

4. The yellow illumination for a route fails to show the full extent of the route.

Best wishes John

Ich habe die Erinnerung Cleaner Programm verwendet und hier ist das Ergebnis.

1. Die Wahlbeteiligung Symbole in der Route-Editor-Karte 4 waren noch in vielen Fällen falsch. Allerdings gab es weniger falschen nachdem ich gerettet hatte all die Wahlbeteiligung Adressen wieder.

2. Bearbeiten von Weichen in der gleichen Karte 4 bei der Umstellung auf die Strecke zu planen ist ein Problem in einigen Fällen, weil die Wahlbeteiligung Änderungen auf der Strecke, sondern die Wahlbeteiligung Symbol auf dem Gleisplan nicht ändert.

3. Der Betrieb einer manuellen oder automatischen Route zufriedenstellend funktioniert, aber nicht alle die Wahlbeteiligung Symbole ändern auf dem Bildschirm. Herunterfahren und Neustarten korrigiert die Wahlbeteiligung Symbole, die falsch waren.

4. Die gelbe Beleuchtung für eine Route ausfällt, um das volle Ausmaß der Route anzuzeigen.

Hi Jürgen

It is very interesting what you have said.

What I would say is that when the Company provides additional products to connect to the Commander the opportunity must be taken to fix the bugs that have been reported by users. This is especially true when a software update is required to enable the new product to work with the Commander.

User expectations will always be raised with any software update that reported bugs will be fixed, even those updates designed to support a new accessory. Just because the Commander does what it is designed to do must not be a reason to delay dealing with user problems.

John

In German from the Google translator.

Es ist sehr interessant, was Sie gesagt haben.

Was ich sagen möchte ist, dass, wenn das Unternehmen weitere Produkte zur Verfügung stellt, um den Commander verbinden die Gelegenheit ergriffen werden, um die Fehler, die von den Benutzern gemeldet wurden fix sein. Dies gilt insbesondere, wenn ein Software-Update ist erforderlich, damit das neue Produkt, mit dem Kommandeur arbeiten.

Erwartungen der Nutzer werden immer mit einem Software-Update, dass Fehler behoben werden, auch diese Updates entwickelt, um ein neues Zubehör Support gemeldet angehoben werden. Nur weil der Kommandant tut, was es konzipiert ist, zu tun darf kein Grund zu verzögern Umgang mit Anwender-Probleme sein.

Hi Everybody

In my role as a proud owner of the Commander I have created a web site to show how the product can be used on a typical model railway layout.

I have mentioned the bugs in the screen display in detail on the page for future enhancements. The site includes a translator function.

See http://www.electrorail.co.uk

Now in German from the Google translator.

Hallo Everybody

In meiner Rolle als stolzer Besitzer des Kommandanten Ich habe eine Webseite erstellt, um zu zeigen, wie das Produkt auf einer typischen Modellbahnanlage eingesetzt werden können.

Ich habe den Fehler bei der Anzeige im Detail auf der Seite für zukünftige Erweiterungen genannt. Die Website umfasst einen Übersetzer-Funktion.

siehe http://www.electrorail.co.uk

John

Hi Tommes

If you are referring to my post in which I mentioned the ECOS I no longer have the product as it could not offer the degree of automation offered by the Commander.

However the updates were more frequent it seemed to me. You felt assured that bugs would be fixed quickly and that enhancements were constantly being introduced. Every update listed the bugs that had been fixed.

Recently we have of course the Viessmann company's memory cleaner software to fix problems introduced by the user and a revised driver for Vista users. The last update to allow the use of the coupler device was disappointing as the opportunity was not taken to fix the bugs in the screen display.

The English user manual has been invaluable without which I would not have been able to achieve the current level of automation on my layout.

John

Hi Vadim

I am based in the Uk and do not know any German.

I was impressed by the use of the Commander at the museum. The fact is the Commander does deliver automation and driving trains manually. However its reputation is damaged by the bugs in the display.

Best wishes

John