Beiträge von erik54

hi:

I too use consists with my railroad due to some 2% grades. Quite often, with american railroads. You will find a slave unit, of a consist, running backwards. I'd like to duplicate this with my railroad.

I have the consist feature of the Commander working well. But I can't figure out how to change the direction of individual units, in that consist.

How is this done with the commander? I appreciate your help.

Thanks

hi:

I too use consists with my railroad due to some 2% grades. Quite often, with american railroads. You will find a slave unit, of a consist, running backwards. I'd like to duplicate this with my railroad.

I have the consist feature of the Commander working well. But I can't figure out how to change the direction of individual units, in that consist.

How is this done with the commander? I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi:

I have a considerable investment in Lenz hardware, as it was my first system. So
    I have been trying to migrate this equipment to Commander.

For a while I have been trying to find out if a Lenz LB101 (current sensor) could be used with a
    Viessmann 5217 or similar S88 device. I got some negative responses. So I
    shelved the idea for a while. I just decided to revive the idea. This is what I found.

I was able to migrate the LS150 (turnout controllers) and they worked perfectly. But the LB101/LR101
    occupancy combination was a problem.

I gave up on the LR101 (occupancy Decoder) because Jurgen Meier informed me, in an earlier post, that it was incompatible, due to the Lenz proprietary RS bus. So I decided to focus on the LB101.

Some research found that the LB101's output is nothing but a transistor switch. It's the transistor section of a opto isolator. Nothing proprietary here.

Well just as I thought, the LB101 works perfectly with a Viessmann 5217. With
    the added benefit of 16 current monitored occupancy zones instead of 8 as in the Viessmann
    5233 and others.

Now this probably would not be cost effective to buy 8 LB101's and a 5217. When
    a ready made Viessmann 5233 is available. But it sure fits, for someone like me.
    Since I am now able to re-use existing equipment.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Thank you Jurgen, I thought I did that.

As long as I have your ear. This is another subject. My system before the Commander was a Lenz LZV-100. I have much Lenz hardware from that system. My railroad is: N Scale (2 rail), using Kato Unitrack. Thankfully I was able to re-use the LS-150's (turnout controllers) with the Commander. I also have quite a few LB101/LR101 (occupancy) combinations. I know that the Lenz LR101 is a proprietary device that only works on the Lenz RS bus. But the LB101 is just a dumb current device. Can I use the LB101 with the with a Viessmann 5217 to make a 16 input device similar to the 5233?

Thanks
    Warren

Hi Guys:

My system consists of the Viessmann Commander, (4) Lenz LS150'S, (1) Digitrax DS64 and (1) Viessmann 5233. Everything works perfectly except the Viessmann 5233.

My problem is: #1 input latches in and I can't get it unlatched. All other inputs toggle properly (on and off) with a load. I verified this in Direct Mode, on the Commander. I am using the latest upgrade V1.1.03

I doubt the problem is with the 5233, as it works properly on another system. I'm just getting into occupancy on the Commander, so maybe it's my configuration? I think I followed all the steps for configuring one 5233. Can you help?

Thanks
    Warren

Danke Dreidenauer:

Did I understand that you don't use the 5234 modules? And that I should experiment without them? If I do need them, I will have 4 unmonitored zones. Do I use one 5234 module for all 4 zones. Or does each unmonitored zone need it's own 5234?

Thanks

Hi:

I hope I am posting this in the correct area. As my "Hoch Schule Deutch" is very bad and this was the only english area I could find.

I am new to the commander. My system will consist of DCC N Scale, (4) 5233 modules and the viessmann commander. Can you explain what the (4) Diodes or the 5234 module does? Why do I need it? I intend to have some unmonitored zones. So information on this module will be helpful.

Thanks