Using Commander with Bremsgenerator and N scale

• Good Morning
    I am willing to buy a Commander and before I proceed, I have the following two questions:

1. Voltage of the Commander is 18 volts. I am N scale and for that scale, maximum recommended voltage is 14/15 volts, according to many decoders manuals. Some other competitors recommend to change the transformer for a 14 volts when using N scale decoders. How is it about the Commander? Can we set the voltage? Is it safe to use the Commander with N decoders?
    2. Since Viessmann does not offer "Bremsgenerators" I will have to buy some from other brands, be it Roco or Lenz. Both of those brands work with different voltages, mostly 16 volts. Now is it possible and safe to connect a Bremsgenerator to the track with different voltage from the Central Command? Does that generate a conflict to have such differences? Has anybody tried it and can give me advice on that issue.

Many thanks for the Viessmann team for this very helpful forum and I look forward to your clarifications.

Best regards

Thierry (N, about 30 loks)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Therry,

1) Yes, it is possible to reduce the track voltage of the Commander for N-scale locos. You can redecude the voltage to 17V, 15V or 13,5V. Therrfore you do not need to exchange the power supply.

2) You can use a "Bremsgenerator" with the Commander. But not you can program the braking action for the locos with the automatik functions included in the Commander. Also note the Bremsgenerator should be connected to a power supply with allmost the same voltage as the Commander is working. Please check this circumstances by reading the manual of the "Bremsgenerator".

• Many, many thanks for this answer. I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate your forum, which reflects the high quality of your service.

Many thanks

Thierry