Can the Commander be used as a handheld device ?

• Hello,

Whilst being pretty busy wiring my very first testtrack for use with the Commander (and finishing up on the nursery for our new baby)...I find myself handling and moving around the Commander pretty often :) When I visited the Viessmann-booth in Dortmund I noticed the Viessmann-staff also used the Commander as a handheld device quite casually (one man kept it on his lap all the time, another 'waved' it around when explaining different features...).

This leads me to my current question:

Is the Commander sturdy enough to be used as a handheld device...:?: Or should I try to keep it placed on a table at all times ? Please advise :)

Kind regards,

Rolf (The Netherlands)

PS: Any news on this weeks promised update ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Rolf,

the Commander is not contructed for falling on the floor several times. I guess the Commander will survive it several time. But the coulour might be damaged already at the first time. Also it is not very good for the display to crash on the floor. That is way I would say, as a handheld command station the Commander is not very well. But you can connect the Roco and Lenz handheld devices at this moment already and control your locos with them.

The update will come this week. We are working on the last thinks which you be enabled in this version.