Using personal pictures as "LokBilder" ?

• Hello,

Seeing as though all my questions have been answered quickly and in an understandable way... I thought I would try another one :? :?:

So far I have entered three Marklin locomotives into the database of the Commander (two times FX and one #37992 MFX). All three locomotives run on Motorola New, 14 speedsteps. My two Marklin Top-models (finely tuned with LokProgrammer) run perfectly smooth on all speeds with the acceleration- and braking-delay activated (I use very long settings). Through adding a second virtual 'locomotive' to the locdatabase with the second Motorola-address of these locomotives I can access F0-F8 (9 functions incl. headlights).

By bringing up the Commander screen with 8 locomotives in view ("Darstellung-Lokomotiven")...I can navigate quickly through multiple locomotives at the touch of a finger. That way I can operate a total of four Motorola New locomotives with a total of 9 functions each...in one single screen. For me at this point this is more than enough, I find it a joy to operate...mainly because of its color display and nice interface. I hope in future MFX-functionality can be added (16 functions) but for now I am completely satisfied with Motorola/Marklin Loc control on the Commander.

One question arises now that I have successfully entered a few locomotives in the Commander and can operate them nicely.... I read in the brochure (Dortmund) that I would be able to use my own pictures as "LokBilder" in the Commander-database. This was one of the reasons that made me choose the Commander as a "Zentrale"...Color Images ! I understand from a post on the "Old Forum" this functionality is not yet available :( Can something be said about a release date for this functionality :?: I am sorry to say neither one of my four locomotives exists in the database.

I welcome all information about this subject, many thanks in advance 8-)

Kind regards,

Rolf

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Rolf,

yes you are right. It will be possible to download your own loco picture into the Commander soon. We are working on it with high pressure.

• Hello Dieter and Mr. Fuhs,

Thank you both for your reply :) I am happy to hear the implementation of this feature is regarded as high priority ! I'll be keeping an eye out for future updates :idea:

Kind regards,

Rolf